How long?

island eagle

Sorry, no excuse for people not attending.

I refuse to apologize for expecting NT fans to attend games. I greatly enjoyed this victory, but it still saddens me that UNT students and alumni are still so apathetic about their university.

This isn't new news.

Just enjoy the win and if you want just go back and see what our fanbase has had to be excited about in athletics in our history. There's a reason why our fanbase is what they are right now. That can change but it will take time.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, no excuse for people not attending.

I refuse to apologize for expecting NT fans to attend games. I greatly enjoyed this victory, but it still saddens me that UNT students and alumni are still so apathetic about their university.

Student and Alumni attendence at Football games is not limited to UNT, DFW residence do not support College sports, I have been attending both TCU and UNT games since 1975. All DFW college programs are having attendance problems, I am really suprised at the low attendence at TCU games considering thier recent success with BCS Bowl games.

My wife and I continue attending all UNT home games regardless of the Win/loss records.

• Upvote 2

Or sat on their hands as high as possible under the club seat's overhang.....

..Lots of people soaked to the skin just walking from Fouts. There is no shame in self preservation.. even animals seek shelter when availible ..It was an awesome game and makes me excited and looking forward to next Spring and Fall!

Edited by Voice of Reason
  • Upvote 2

That is where half the crowd was, and I have a feeling the only reason there were not more up there was because all the covered spots were taken...

But at least they came at all.

I definitely don't have a problem with half the fans being in covered areas for this past game - the weather was crappy. I'm proud of all Mean Green fans that made it to the game, period. It is good to know that our "core" attending base of fans is in the 13-15 thousand range. Progress can be slow - but that my friends is true progress. I can remember times when we wouldn't have 2,000 show up to watch a 4-win team in the cold rain.

Enjoyed that game very much - our guys really wanted to end the season right, and that shows a lot of pride and character by the players and coaches for getting them prepared.

• Upvote 2

Student and Alumni attendence at Football games is not limited to UNT, DFW residence do not support College sports, I have been attending both TCU and UNT games since 1975. All DFW college programs are having attendance problems, I am really suprised at the low attendence at TCU games considering thier recent success with BCS Bowl games.

My wife and I continue attending all UNT home games regardless of the Win/loss records.

DFW media does a great job in encouraging football fans to make a billionaire just that much richer. Pro football is such a fraud. Going to a COW game is just like rooting for a stock dividend from a mega coporation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DFW media does a great job in encouraging football fans to make a billionaire just that much richer. Pro football is such a fraud. Going to a COW game is just like rooting for a stock dividend from a mega coporation.

AT&T pays a great dividend of over 6%, and cowboy games are just as fun... Whats wrong with people wanting to make money, just because you have some (or a lot in some cases) doesnt mean that you shouldnt make more. I would love to see if you would work for free

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1