La Sierra University (12/2/11)

CMJ

Niko had a fantastic play... he ran with the ball about from half court straight toward basket, went to a behind the back dribble to avoid the defense just inside the free throw line, and in one continuous motion from the behind the back, dropped in a sweet layup.

Why would a NAIA div 2 team get in a tournament like this? Glad to see everyone play a bunch and score.

Do NOT quote me on this, but I believe they had a 4th team for the tourney, but they dropped out right before the season. Also, I'd like to take this time to give Loyola Marymount props for offering a free live feed to the game. Good to see they didn't charge for the tournament, like so many other schools would.

To the Mean Green faithful at the game: thanks for representin'. It sounded like we had home court advantage on the radio.

I'd bet a good sum of money that the only La Sierra fans in the crowd were parents of the players. But it was good to hear some Mean Green faithful at a game that was played roughly 1,400 miles from campus.

I'd bet a good sum of money that the only La Sierra fans in the crowd were parents of the players. But it was good to hear some Mean Green faithful at a game that was played roughly 1,400 miles from campus.

I watched the video and saw definite areas populated by green in the fan section.. we did have folks there.