La Sierra University (12/2/11)

CMJ

This one is one we should definitely win. Hopefully we can work more on our cohesion before the stiffer tests we'll have Saturday and Sunday.

Once the game begins, yall will be on your own to do commentary/scores/updates. I'll be there with the girlfriend in tow.

GMG

Best hope for a win! DIII or what?

A recent poll on their site asks for what is the biggest change to La Sierra Athletics and one option is "The move to NAIA". They are now in the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference.

They are currently 0-4, but only because for some reason missed their match against the Afghanistan National team back on November 13th? I'm not making this up.

They do have 6 Seniors and 2 Juniors, and finished 2nd in defense in whatever Elmer Fud Disney conference they were in last year, so look out there!

Their school has 2,000 students, or about the same size as Ima Tellin U. in Chico, Texas.

http://www.lsugoldeneagles.com/SIDHelp/m/0/1/r|224|Derek%20Robbins|.php

Says 4th year head coach Derek Robbins, who i think got caught snatching an extra sandwich out of the fridge just as that picture was taken, has been around the game for 20 years and actually played at Los Angeles powerhouse Banning High School.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

1. La Sierra isn't a team that we scheduled. Loyola used them to fill out the 4th slot in their tournament. It's worth another non-D1 game (in my opinion) to get 2 respectable mid-major games in Los Angeles.

2. La Sierra is going to be on the receiving end of a LOT of pent up frustration. I'm looking forward to abusing the hell out of a team and getting some confidence back for our young guys. This game should be the kind of spanking that ends up with CPS involved.

I only know of four that will be there today. Several more people have told me they're planning on the weekend games.

We'll see.

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Sorry. I got swamped at work and spaced that it was this weekend. If there's a semi-official Mean Green hangout spot pre or post game, let me know.

28-14 with 7:23 left in first half. Blow out.. they hit a few 3's to make it closer.. but we can score as many or few points as we want in this game. I hope that this is a launch for our shooters to get into their groove... Roger Franklin picking up where he left off against Texas with 10 points and some rebounds... hopefully he is coming alive on a permanent basis.. we need consistent scorers.