As the coaching dominoes fall...

...any chance Canales or Bowen get snapped up? Both have long resumes. I think both could be head coaches in the future. Could they be tapped as OC or DC this go round? We haven't lit it up, but we have improved somewhat. Does our losing record save us from coaching changes for a season?

For whatever reason, I've always believed that Mike Leach would end up in the Pac-12. And, I've always believed it would be at UCLA. Surely, his phone is ringing.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1

What is Mac's buyout? The Illinois job is open.

Not sure if he'll get serious offers this offseason but I think in years 2 and 3 there is improvement and in dramatic fashion there is no doubt that he'll be looked at by AQ schools and going to the Big Ten would certainly be intriguing with his extensive background in the state of Iowa. Plus who knows if Tubby stays another year at Tech and Coach Mac wins 7-8 games next year I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see them giving a look at Mac.

Plus who knows if Tubby stays another year at Tech and Coach Mac wins 7-8 games next year I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see them giving a look at Mac.

Tech was not happy the last time they hired a head coach away from us.

Oddly enough, we weren't too upset about it till we found out Bob Tyler was going to be the replacement. Those of you who think Dodge was our worst coach never experienced Bob Tyler!

• Upvote 3

Tech was not happy the last time they hired a head coach away from us.

Oddly enough, we weren't too upset about it till we found out Bob Tyler was going to be the replacement. Those of you who think Dodge was our worst coach never experienced Bob Tyler!

He was way before my time so I can't comment anything other than according to his Wikipedia page he coached just one season and went 2-9. Obviously that's not good but I have a hard time believing it's worse than what Dodge did here.

• Downvote 2

He was way before my time so I can't comment anything other than according to his Wikipedia page he coached just one season and went 2-9. Obviously that's not good but I have a hard time believing it's worse than what Dodge did here.

Imagine offending fans, faculty, other athletic staff and violating NCAA rule by giving extra benefits to football players. All that PLUS a 2-9 record. Things were a little vague at the time, but I believe firing him stopped the NCAA for doing anything to us. A number of the players loved him, though.

Imagine offending fans, faculty, other athletic staff and violating NCAA rule by giving extra benefits to football players. All that PLUS a 2-9 record. Things were a little vague at the time, but I believe firing him stopped the NCAA for doing anything to us. A number of the players loved him, though.

If he's going to give extra benefits to players and yet still produce a 2-9 record that certainly isn't the goal.

Going from a CUSA or Big East to an SEC gig, is going to be a big jump. I don't see this ending well.

As for Hill at Fresno State, maybe this IS his retirement.

This worked really bad for Auburn, Gene Chizik who was the HC of Iowa State and went 5-19 in two years before getting hired on at Auburn..Compared to Kevin Sumlin who went 35-17 at Houston.

If you can coach, you can coach at any school from the sec to the belt.. Its all about bringing on the right coordinators and assistants.

• Upvote 1

This worked really bad for Auburn, Gene Chizik who was the HC of Iowa State and went 5-19 in two years before getting hired on at Auburn..Compared to Kevin Sumlin who went 35-17 at Houston.

If you can coach, you can coach at any school from the sec to the belt.. Its all about bringing on the right coordinators and assistants.

Or in Chizik's case , bringing in the best players $$$ can buy..

• Upvote 1

I am not a fan of the Sumlin hiring but one thing he has going for him is he knows and understands the Aggie culture. I love the Aggies too (Sis a grad), but I hope this doesn't blow up in their face. I want them to be successful in the SEC. Next year the visitors to Aggieland include the Florida Gators, Alabama Crimson Tide and LSU Tigers. They play at Ole Miss and I believe Auburn.

June Jones should go back to Hawaii. They would welcome him with open arms and then he could avoid the awkward 2012 ahead.

GMG