La Tech Draws Between 7K & 13K For Last Home Game?

PlummMeanGreen

The 2011 WAC Football Champions, Too.

The attendance was actually announced as 17,000 and some change. They are going to turn into the NCAA approx. 21,518 for their "new" attendance average record.:rolleyes: Does that sound like good numbers for a conference champion? Hey our attendance is not to write home about, either, but we just finished our 8'th losing season in a row, too. I'll take our fan base after those losing seasons anytime.

Some of their own fan's comments on the La Tech attendance from their message board:

'"If there was 17,000 people there then there is going to be 270,000 people in the Dome tomorrow night for the Saints game. At best there was 7,000 people."

"Last night at the game, I thought attendance was around 15K. After seeing some TV footage, I think we had actual attendance was as high as 13K"

"The crowd was bad, people need to stop making excuses for those that were not there. I have been comming to this board for years and many always blame the lack of crowd on the team, coaching, winning, etc. Now if we can not get a crowd for a WAC Championship, an 8-4 season and a bowl, it is time to start discussing the fan base and how and if we can ever get them to participate.........................."

"Somewhat disappointed in the crowd but I was pleased to see that this was the what the "hardcore" crowd has grown to - It was rain through out and heavy rain at some points - during and several hours leading up to the game....Even with the conference championship on the line, in this type of weather 3 years ago we might of had 2,500 people in the stands - tonite we had 3 times, maybe 4 times that..." :rolleyes:

GMG!

PS: They ran a thread on our "13K" weather game several weeks ago with lots of laughter and sarcasm. Turnabout is fair play? But jeez, the WAC football champions and they are bragging about whatever their real attendance average is (which no one will ever really know--including the NCAA)?

I know, I'm going to hades for posting this kind of thread.:devil::unsure::blowup:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

La. Tech's team is probably even better that its record. They lost at So. Miss by 2,Houston at home by 1 blowing 3 touchdown 2nd half lead, and in OT at Miss. ST. Their only big loss was by 18 at home against Hawaii the following week.They also beat Old Miss.on the road, which is simular to our win against Indiana.Their problem is being a fairly small school in Ruston,whose population is about 25,000. You would think they would draw some fans from Shreveport, but apparently not.I would like to think we would fill our new stadium with their record, and hope to find out in next few years.La. Tech has had good teams in the past, but i think attendance has always been a problem. I wish them well in their bowl game, which will probably be against Boise.

• Upvote 1

The 2011 WAC Football Champions, Too.

The attendance was actually announced as 17,000 and some change. They are going to turn into the NCAA approx. 21,518 for their "new" attendance average record.:rolleyes: Does that sound like good numbers for a conference champion? Hey our attendance is not to write home about, either, but we just finished our 8'th losing season in a row, too. I'll take our fan base after those losing seasons anytime.

Some of their own fan's comments on the La Tech attendance from their message board:

'"If there was 17,000 people there then there is going to be 270,000 people in the Dome tomorrow night for the Saints game. At best there was 7,000 people."

"Last night at the game, I thought attendance was around 15K. After seeing some TV footage, I think we had actual attendance was as high as 13K"

"The crowd was bad, people need to stop making excuses for those that were not there. I have been comming to this board for years and many always blame the lack of crowd on the team, coaching, winning, etc. Now if we can not get a crowd for a WAC Championship, an 8-4 season and a bowl, it is time to start discussing the fan base and how and if we can ever get them to participate.........................."

"Somewhat disappointed in the crowd but I was pleased to see that this was the what the "hardcore" crowd has grown to - It was rain through out and heavy rain at some points - during and several hours leading up to the game....Even with the conference championship on the line, in this type of weather 3 years ago we might of had 2,500 people in the stands - tonite we had 3 times, maybe 4 times that..." :rolleyes:

GMG!

PS: They ran a thread on our "13K" weather game several weeks ago with lots of laughter and sarcasm. Turnabout is fair play? But jeez, the WAC football champions and they are bragging about whatever their real attendance average is (which no one will ever really know--including the NCAA)?

I know, I'm going to hades for posting this kind of thread.:devil::unsure::blowup:

Plummer, should we post this thread link to their board, reminding them of the bashing they gave UNT for our 13K weather game?

• Upvote 2

FYI,i glanced at CUSA attendance, which shows ECU at 50,000 per game, which are sellouts. UCF averaged 37,000,Houston 31,000, and Southern Miss. 30,000. rest of conference ranged from 27,000[uTEP&Marshall], to 17,000[uAB]. i overlooked Rice, but Tulsa,Tulane,and SMU averaged between 22,000 and 20,000 in attendance, about the same as LA.Tech.we, on the other hand, mirrored UAB, both in games won[them 3, UNT 4 with one home game to play], and attendance. all this proves is i am retired and have a lot of time on my hands.

• Upvote 1

FYI,i glanced at CUSA attendance, which shows ECU at 50,000 per game, which are sellouts. UCF averaged 37,000,Houston 31,000, and Southern Miss. 30,000. rest of conference ranged from 27,000[uTEP&Marshall], to 17,000[uAB]. i overlooked Rice, but Tulsa,Tulane,and SMU averaged between 22,000 and 20,000 in attendance, about the same as LA.Tech.we, on the other hand, mirrored UAB, both in games won[them 3, UNT 4 with one home game to play], and attendance. all this proves is i am retired and have a lot of time on my hands.

Rice also averaged 17,000.