FAU Coaching Rumor

I think Stoops should sit out a year. I think perspective and rest helps a lot of formerly good coaches. I think Rich Rodriguez is going to fit into Arizona nicely. I cannot believe how many coaches in the Pac 10 need to go including Nieuheisel, Erickson and whoever is at Oregon State. The fact Utah could have almost made it in there but choked against CU was surprising. The Pac 12 stinks this year.

For the record watching TT and BU was disturbing as well. I just have horror flash backs to our Dodge days when we could score but couldn't stop anybody! SOOOOOOOOO many frustrating games.

We look more and more like ISU everyday and I can live with that especially if we win on 12.3 and compete for a bowl berth again next year! This has been fun.

GMG

• Upvote 1

For the record watching TT and BU was disturbing as well. I just have horror flash backs to our Dodge days when we could score but couldn't stop anybody! SOOOOOOOOO many frustrating games.

I don't know how long TTech stays with an obviously failed Tuberville experiment. It's not like Leach left the cupboard bare. Really no excuse for his complete failure there. Don't know if the OU upset is enough to ensure his survival come December.

Wait until coach killer James is finished up in Lubbock. That situation regardless of fault has taken Tech back 10 years. I hope Sherm is out at TAMU. How would Tuberville do back in the SEC? Aggies need an SEC guy as they embark onto some powerful seas.

GMG

I have not heard that one yet , but I assume Memphis makes a strong push for Freeze. Not sure if he would leave

He would be dumb to move to Memphis, as it would be a step down as a coach in reality. ASU has more to gain than Memphis, but CUSA would be the attraction.

He would be dumb to move to Memphis, as it would be a step down as a coach in reality. ASU has more to gain than Memphis, but CUSA would be the attraction.

Memphis football is really down right now but he has much to gain by going to Memphis. The pay would probably be a little higher not to mention he goes to a better overall and percieved conference. They can't get any worse and they are already a basketball power and don't have apathetic alumni like ASU will have. Memphis would be a great place to go to turn a program around that shouldn't be as bad as they are.

Memphis football is really down right now but he has much to gain by going to Memphis. The pay would probably be a little higher not to mention he goes to a better overall and percieved conference. They can't get any worse and they are already a basketball power and don't have apathetic alumni like ASU will have. Memphis would be a great place to go to turn a program around that shouldn't be as bad as they are.

The pay would be a LOT higher at Memphis. ASU pays its HC less than $200k, Memphis pays well over $700k. That's not a guarantee that he'd be willing to leave after one year, though. The SEC schools have their eyes on Freeze, and if he can build ASU into a Belt powerhouse and OOC contender, he will be a candidate for just about any SEC HC job that opens up in the next few years.

I understand University of Arkansas Offensive Coordinator Garrick McGee has interviewed and one of the top prospects for the job. He's a great recruiter and should make them a lot tougher at least from an offensive standpoint if he's their choice. The recent ESPN Depth Chart was almost as much a McGee promo as it was profiling the Arkansas QB's.

Yeah, all the speculation that I've heard has Leach in a PAC12 or Big XII team. I didn't even know there were rumors that he was thinking about a Sun Belt team.

(I remebember yelling Mike Leach in rhythm with the student section just before Dodge was fired)

Thankfully, the UNT Athletic Department Administration did not act upon your yells.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2