Mean Green offense for 2012

mean green d

I really like the possibilities for the offense for 2012. Derek Thompson and the qb's will be a year older and more mature. The receivers have come on strong the latter part of this year. I do think they will be able to plug in a running back amongst those who have been red shirted, or be brought in via new recruits. I do think if they can address the speed issue on the outside, it could be special. I especially like the opportunities for the OL. We have great holdovers, plus the Feldt brothers coming in. Does anyone else see the upside I do?

GMG

• Upvote 2

I really like the possibilities for the offense for 2012. Derek Thompson and the qb's will be a year older and more mature. The receivers have come on strong the latter part of this year. I do think they will be able to plug in a running back amongst those who have been red shirted, or be brought in via new recruits. I do think if they can address the speed issue on the outside, it could be special. I especially like the opportunities for the OL. We have great holdovers, plus the Feldt brothers coming in. Does anyone else see the upside I do?

QB - Hopefully Thompson can stay healthy.

RB - What about Brandon Byrd? He got a good amount of work last year, and had a 5.0 per carry average. I will say that Zac Whitfield's highlight video blew me away. I don't know much about Jimmerson, but the coaching staff seemed pretty high on him when he signed. Starting RB will probably be up for grabs this spring, but Byrd ought to be in the lead.

WR - A lot of question marks . . . we will probably need to hit the JUCO ranks for one WR.

OL - They have done a pretty good job pass blocking, and hopefully will significantly improve in run blocking by next season. The addition of Cam Feldt will be HUGE in that area.

GMG

The offense will improve. Don't know how consistent they'll be, but they'll be able to put up points, unlike the beginning of this season. However, I'm worried about our awful defensive line. Anyone foresee any positives in that area?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not near as concerned about the RB position as I am the DT position. This young man showed a lot of promise during the spring.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205240324&Q_SEASON=2011

This young man seems to have pretty impressive credentials. Does anyone know if he has seen the field this fall?

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205240632&Q_SEASON=2011

The RB position is one where a talented recruit can make an immediate impact.

I don't want to bring anyone down more than they already are, but after talking with a few folks, I'm not sure any of us should expect Cam Feldt to be anything close to a dominate player. He might play from lack of depth, but I'm just warning everyone now, this kid probably won't be the dominant o linemen you would expect him to be :ph34r:

Boone, on the other hand, was a great grab and is much more athletic, better motor, better feet, he should be an all conference caliber player in time. Still excited to see what the offense can do with 9 starters back next season.

I don't want to bring anyone down more than they already are, but after talking with a few folks, I'm not sure any of us should expect Cam Feldt to be anything close to a dominate player. He might play from lack of depth, but I'm just warning everyone now, this kid probably won't be the dominant o linemen you would expect him to be :ph34r:

Boone, on the other hand, was a great grab and is much more athletic, better motor, better feet, he should be an all conference caliber player in time. Still excited to see what the offense can do with 9 starters back next season.

I have heard those things as well....honestly I hope he is hitting the weights because he doesn't look all that strong. The upside is that he and Boone will feed off of each other and push harder (hopefully) because of the novelty of the situation. The downside is that Boone had at LEAST two concussions this year and that is concerning to say the least.