Change in philosophy?

BIG DAWG

With us getting so close this season to a bowl eligible record, and conceivably being a couple players away, does McCarney change his approach and go JUCO heavy in this next class, or does he choose to stay the course and stay w/ mainly HS recruits.

Me personally, for what it's worth I hope he stays w/ HSs

We have got to get some immediate help at DT. I sure hope the coaching staff can find a couple who can transfer mid-term. I think we have enough viable DE's so that we can go HS at that position and let them develop.

I certainly hope that we've learned our lesson about WR's. In recent years, our most productive ones have been Juco's and walk-ons.

He's not an idiot, hes gonna get who ever will help the team win...

I dont think he'll load up on Juco players but I think he'll get the guys he wants... The Juco players that we right now have been pretty good, Downing has been a stud lately, Graham is a lb playing safety, Flo hasnt made an impact as we hoped, Fords made plays... These guys are a lot better than yall think... Yall are just to blind to see.... or maybe im to blind to see because I know them and how much they wanted to win and get into a bowl game

Mac has said all along that building programs for the long-haul takes signing good high school players over and over. He wants to establish quality depth and get players familiar with the systems.

From what we can see (I'd bet there's a few more commits than this) we have committed 14 HS players plus the 2 D1 Transfers for this class. Last year I believe we signed 23 HS kids and 2 JC players. I'd bet the ratio of this incoming class would be 20 HS, 3 JC, and the 2-maybe, hopefully more- D1 Transfers (Feldt, Trice).

Mac has said all along that building programs for the long-haul takes signing good high school players over and over. He wants to establish quality depth and get players familiar with the systems.

From what we can see (I'd bet there's a few more commits than this) we have committed 14 HS players plus the 2 D1 Transfers for this class. Last year I believe we signed 23 HS kids and 2 JC players. I'd bet the ratio of this incoming class would be 20 HS, 3 JC, and the 2-maybe, hopefully more- D1 Transfers (Feldt, Trice).

I believe Feldt and Trice count in last years class, not this upcoming one, no?

I want whomever can know the defensive coverage well enough to not give up 10-15 TD's next year on blown coverages alone. It is hard to know who's fault it is without knowing the defensive coverage, but it has gotten old. Maybe it is the new defense, but there seems to be alot of confusion on the back end and that is with 4 senior starters.

• Upvote 2

Both Trice and Feldt were on ship this year, not sure why Vito thinks they are part of the 2012 class.

NT has all the DT returning that played, Cantly, Boutwell, Abbey and Lincoln. Thin but hardly a dire circumstance, just like any other position if they can sign someone they think is better then the starter I am sure they will do it.

If you look at the current lineup, the two units that need the most help are at rb and db. Running back has only Byrd as a returning letterman and he was used little this year, add two unknown redshirts and a couple of commits; and only the coaches know how big the need is. Defensive back is obviously a need area, Warner and Jackson return at corner and Lee plays safety, add redhirts Trice and Swarm and NT still lacks numbers. They currently only have a couple of commits so they need to add at least two more.

If you look at the current lineup, the two units that need the most help are at rb and db. Running back has only Byrd as a returning letterman and he was used little this year, add two unknown redshirts and a couple of commits; and only the coaches know how big the need is.

If they're addressing the lines, I am not concerned about RB. Heck, if the Oline is great line me up at RB. I'm sure I can run through those holes.

Not so certain about making that first guy miss, though. But I can toss him a beverage.

• Upvote 1