CSU Coach on Mountain West Recruiting in Texas

Harry

Every school wants to recruit the state of Texas, because of the sheer quantity and talent in the area, and since 2005 when the TCU Horned Frogs joined the Mountain West the Colorado St. Rams have been able to tell recruits that they could play in Texas twice in their college football career. Colorado State makes their last regular trip to Texas as they play TCU on Saturday before they head off to the Big 12 next year. 

Colorado State currently has 22 players on the roster form Texas on their roster and that might decrease with not a regular game in Texas, and head coach Steve Fairchild agrees with that sentiment:

"You'd like to play some games down there," CSU coach Steve Fairchild said. "I know we have Texas San-Antonio coming on non-conference. You hope maybe the league aligns and gets somebody, a Houston or SMU or something. But yeah, it would be nice to play down there because it's a good area for us to recruit."

Read More: http://denver.sbnation.com/colorado-st-rams/2011/11/19/2573407/colorado-state-texas-football-recruiting

Hello Coach Fairchild! If you've forgotten who we are, we did once face off in a Bowl game! Don't know why we don't have them scheduled instead of a K. State or an LSU. They've been down for awhile now, wouldn't likely complain about a home & home, and they've got a name people around here have heard of. Ft. Collins isn't that bad of a drive either.

• Upvote 1

This is a bit off topic but still related for this thread, but maybe we could look at playing more regional body bag games. If we're going to get slaughtered, let's get slaughtered in places were we can drive! There's plenty of opportunities: LSU (looking forward to the tailgating next year!), OU, Ok State, and even Colorado State and Colorado. There are lots of Texas kids in those schools, and I'd say every place on that short list is a hell of a lot of fun with the exception of Norman, but I'm biased.

I know it's not as easy as coming up with a list and picking up the phone and making it happen, but I'd still love to see more regional bodybag games.

This is a bit off topic but still related for this thread, but maybe we could look at playing more regional body bag games. If we're going to get slaughtered, let's get slaughtered in places were we can drive! There's plenty of opportunities: LSU (looking forward to the tailgating next year!), OU, Ok State, and even Colorado State and Colorado. There are lots of Texas kids in those schools, and I'd say every place on that short list is a hell of a lot of fun with the exception of Norman, but I'm biased.

I know it's not as easy as coming up with a list and picking up the phone and making it happen, but I'd still love to see more regional bodybag games.

The only issue to me is losing by 40-50 points(or hell by the 3rd quarter) just doesn't percieve too well to anybody much less the casual fan. Schools like Colorado, Colorado St etc....yeah I'm ok with CU especially because they're a big AQ school but they've been struggling mightily for a really long time so they're beatable. Not to mention schools like those are very highly and well percieved. I say eliminate the body bag games for at least 2-4 years and turn those games into an extra home game and a game that is a win. Sure we might lose some money in the beginning but if we start to turn this thing around it will all make sense in the end.

• Upvote 1

The only issue to me is losing by 40-50 points(or hell by the 3rd quarter) just doesn't percieve too well to anybody much less the casual fan. Schools like Colorado, Colorado St etc....yeah I'm ok with CU especially because they're a big AQ school but they've been struggling mightily for a really long time so they're beatable. Not to mention schools like those are very highly and well percieved. I say eliminate the body bag games for at least 2-4 years and turn those games into an extra home game and a game that is a win. Sure we might lose some money in the beginning but if we start to turn this thing around it will all make sense in the end.

Bill Snyder at KSU has proven that this philosophy works.

• 2 weeks later...