No Bowling for Young Men

Harry

Not to pour salt into the wound or anything, but we should have won this game. And not in a sour grapes sort of way. More like the kind of way where an official tells another that the had a clear line of sight when he knows he didn't.

Lance Dunbar scored on the second goal line attempt in the third quarter. He was laying on a defensive player, reached the ball across the goal line, and scored. But an official came in from the far side, waving his arms like he saw Lance's knee down. Here's the truth, as borne out by video replay: it wasn't.

Here's the thing: if the ball, for any reason, ends up in the end zone, it is probably worth a look, guys. And, Coach Mac, you might want to have a guy stationed near a replay machine who can tell you to challenge the play when the refs blow one and are convinced they got it right. Or, better yet, just kick the dang field goal and tie the game up.

But even in this, where you were clearly robbed of a touchdown, you lose the right to complain when you can't figure out how to keep a guy between the end zone and the deepest receiver. There are some games where the zebras just can't get out of their own way (what the hell was that "illegal touching" call at the end of the first half?), but if you had made more plays in the game, you don't leave the game in their hands. And I expect that's one thing the coaches are telling their players tonight.

READ MORE:

This post has been promoted to an article

Meh, beat MTSU and I will be very satisfied with what this Team has done. Especially after the total mess that Dodge left this Program in. Coach Mac with the possibility of 5 Wins THIS Season? While Dodge could only win SIX TOTAL GAMES in his three-plus years here?! Heck yeah!

A .500 Season is well within reach next Season. And, do I dare say a being Bowl-eligible or winning the SBC Title? Seems like more of a possibility in '12 and beyond now than just a couple of months ago!

• Upvote 3

When I saw the word "bowling" in the thread title, I had a quick flashback of Verne Ludnquist hosting the local "Bowling For Dollars" show on WFAA TV. (Vern never looked like that was a gig that was totally satisfying for him).

And boyhowdy how I miss the "Lets Speak to the Manager" show with Channel 8's GM Mike Shapiro.

Remember local TV weather gal Jocelyn White when she turned sideways how the entire map of Texas would disappear?

Remember Harold Teaf and Bobby Wygant, too? Bobby spent her last 10 years in front of the camera trying to look like she was still in her 40's until she couldn't do so any longer.

You Houstonians remember Chris Chandler who had a bit part as a TV newsman in John Wayne's Hellfighters movie filmed down there?

Hey, I turn 61 on Thanksgiving Day so it only gets worse, folks.:lol:

When I saw the word "bowling" in the thread title, I had a quick flashback of Verne Ludnquist hosting the local "Bowling For Dollars" show on WFAA TV. (Vern never looked like that was a gig that was totally satisfying for him).

And boyhowdy how I miss the "Lets Speak to the Manager" show with Channel 8's GM Mike Shapiro.

Remember local TV weather gal Jocelyn White when she turned sideways how the entire map of Texas would disappear?

Remember Harold Teaf and Bobby Wygant, too? Bobby spent her last 10 years in front of the camera trying to look like she was still in her 40's until she couldn't do so any longer.

You Houstonians remember Chris Chandler who had a bit part as a TV newsman in John Wayne's Hellfighters movie filmed down there?

My girlfirend of the day wondered why all of a sudden I became interested in THE WEATHER on television news.

It did not take her long to figure it out!

It was worth seeing Texas wiped off the map with Jocelyn turned sideways!!!

My ex-boss used to date Jocelyn, and he doesn't hesitate to pull out some pretty nice revealing pictures to prove it. She didn't look too bad last time I saw her. I had forgotten about that old Bowling for Dollars thing. Verne looks a little different these day.

Lance Dunbar scored on the second goal line attempt in the third quarter. He was laying on a defensive player, reached the ball across the goal line, and scored.

I0000UAfwweLfCWk.jpg

Play happened right in front of me. I thought Lance had scored easily. Y'Barbo's left hand is on the goal line, Lance is on top of him, holding his knees off the ground. Lance's right arm is in front of Y'Barbo's hand and arm, and he is extending the ball over the goal line.

It doesn't matter if our coaches have someone looking at the replay. It was worth the challenge flag by coach Mac. just to save face on the 4th down play.

Harry...I don't often disagree with you, and I wasn't at the game. I had to listen on the radio, but it sounds like WKU was the better team.

I can't understand why we didn't put Hamilton in the game in that situation. Dunbar knee could be near 100%.

We'll have to wait until next year. If McNulty becomes our starting QB next year I don't like I'll be able to watch. I'll just have to wait until BB season starts.

Go Mean Green.

• Upvote 1

If we couldn't score a touchdown from 4th and about a twice then we didn't deserve to score and probably didn't deserve to win. Again give WKU some credit here. They came in here and earned the victory...and remember they have won 6 of their last 7 games. That is impressive and I don't care what conference you're in.

• 9 months later...