Long Jim's WKU Game Preview

Harry

Great win for the MG last Saturday. It was interesting to read a thread on the board this week talking about what team you like to see UNT defeat the most in football. For me, it’s Troy, with MTSU a close second. Don’t like how they recruit, and love to hate ‘em.

So, for what that’s worth, it was terrific to see UNT pretty much dominate the Trojans last week, and make no mistake—when you complete over 80% of your passes and deliver the run game with your backups—you are dominating the game. It wasn’t really rocket science for UNT, as Troy can’t stop anybody’s offense, but North Texas took care of their business and grabbed the W. Many (if not most) times in the last few years, that game would have slipped through UNT’s fingers for the L at the last minute.

Speaking of dislike—WKU is moving right up there. I think they play with a cockiness that is undeserved in a lot of ways, as they haven’t (until now) busted a proverbial grape in the SBC, but whatever. Maybe this year is their year to really get their program going at the higher level of college football.

In analyzing this matchup—which is another close one—I think they have to wait another week to take another step up the cockiness ladder.

READ MORE IN Long Jim's Blog:

This post has been promoted to an article