C.U.S.A.

wardly

if all goes well, it appears that SMU, Houston. and UCF will be joining the Big East by end of month. if CUSA wants to reload to 12 schools, it probably would replace their Western Division loses with NT, and either La.Tech or UTSA.I mention UTSA because they are 3rd largest market in Texas, while Ruston is a rual community of 25,000.my Eastern Division replacement would be one of the F_U's, as the conference wants a presence in Florida. if CUSA decides to become a 10 team conference, i think the choice is between NT and one of the F_U's. what does your crystal ball project?

I would prefer to have no other sunbelt schools or schools in the FCS.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand your disgust for UTSA. They're in a destination city and seem to have some upside. Would they be my first choice? No, but I would certainly give them a chance before NMSU, who you seem to like a lot.

I can agree with the SB adding teams . I also believe we will b n CUSA when that happens . U know UTEP, Tulsa and Rice have to b pushing for us . There r no other options. No big TV contracts , than get regional competition that will fill stadiums ! CUSA west include La Tech , Memphis or Tulane. Teams would b able to send the bands and the spirit teams.

I don't understand your disgust for UTSA. They're in a destination city and seem to have some upside. Would they be my first choice? No, but I would certainly give them a chance before NMSU, who you seem to like a lot.

Personally I'd rather see Texas State than UTSA. UTSA has to have some growing pains in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I'm a little worried about some of the people on this board and their overwhelming confidence that we are a shoe-in for CUSA or the MWC. It's still a possibility they add teams like LaTech, NIU, and a Florida school and we stay where we are or they don't add anything at all and a merger between the two goes forward. I don't see why something like this happening is such a foreign idea. You can say all you want about us being in the DFW market but we can all see that some decisions aren't based on logic.

I'm just preparing myself for disappointment and hopefully ill be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by EdwardRRooney

I'm a little worried about some of the people on this board and their overwhelming confidence that we are a shoe-in for CUSA or the MWC. It's still a possibility they add teams like LaTech, NIU, and a Florida school and we stay where we are or they don't add anything at all and a merger between the two goes forward. I don't see why something like this happening is such a foreign idea. You can say all you want about us being in the DFW market but we can all see that some decisions aren't based on logic.

I'm just preparing myself for disappointment and hopefully ill be pleasantly surprised.

That's the part that is deciding a lot of the moves. The logic is that, no matter where a school is located, if they have a TV market, then ESPN is going to give us more money.

That said, it does not guarantee us a new conference, but it is points in our favor.

I truly believe that we will be in one of those two conferences when this realignment-thing finally ends. I think the SBC will get 2 or 3 teams poached, one of the F-Us, MUTS, and UNT, just because of our size and our TV markets.

That said, I think it is possible for the MWC to just add Utah State and SJSU and be done with it. I also think that CUSA could add MTSU, F_U, and La Tech. Do I think that this would happen?No, but its possible. That leaves us in a league with ULM, ULL, Arkansas State, F_U, WKU, South Alabama, and Troy. Probably then the SBC would take on NMSU, UTSA, Texas State, and whoever moves up next from FCS. We would be in a league with recent FBS starters in WKU, USA, UTSA, Texas State, and whoever else moves up. It would be disastrous for North Texas on every level, but especially bad if TCU and SMU do well in their new conferences. As a matter of fact, I can't even imagine college football including this league in as FBS down the road, but that's just my opinion.

I think its a moot point, though. We will be in one of those two leagues before its all said and done.

Hey look anything could happen. I was around here in 2005 when we came up short to UTEP. I remember the disappointment being mixed with the realization that there were indeed issues we needed to address. The biggest issue that we could not address ourselves in my mind was SMU. Why did they need two teams in Dallas? Why would SMU support our inclusion? If SMU leaves to the Big East it does open up this market in terms of CUSA's eyes. Could they ignore that? Absolutely they could. And as UNT Shaft accurately points out we can't assume that the 2005 selection criteria will remain the same this go-a-round. I think that people are confusing optimism with hope in regards to this subject. I am much more hopeful about our chances in this round of expansion.

UTSA isn't going anywhere. Please stop talking about them like they matter.

size does matter, and San Antonio has so far supported the Roadrunners. UTEP isn't going anywhere, and would support including a team in DFW, as would Tulsa. I don't know why anyone would want LA. Tech. its all about t.v. sets.again, just an old mans opinion.

size does matter, and San Antonio has so far supported the Roadrunners. UTEP isn't going anywhere, and would support including a team in DFW, as would Tulsa. I don't know why anyone would want LA. Tech. its all about t.v. sets.again, just an old mans opinion.

Yes I agree but if the Sun Belt is a feeder why add them now? Why not wait until later?

Yes I agree but if the Sun Belt is a feeder why add them now? Why not wait until later?

Harry,i was not talking about UTSA for the Belt now. I could be wrong, but am assuming CUSA will add 2 teams in west division to replace 2 in west lost to Big East. if i am CUSA[i.e.ESPN], i am looking for large markets now, such as DFW and San Antonio, not small markets like Ruston or San Marcus. by doing so CUSA has a school in the 4 largest markets in Texas plus Tulsa and New Orleans for a west division. if AFC and Boise leave MWC for Big east, and are replaced by San Jose State and Utah State the WAC is dead, and whats left will work out a membership arrangement with the Belt or drop down. again,just an opinion.

• Upvote 1