Baylor U Projects This Future On-Campus Stadium

PlummMeanGreen

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110511aab.html

Looks like Baylor supporter Drayton McClane is going to open up his pocketbook after reading the above link.

By the way, back in the day, McClane barely outbid our own North Texas Ex, ie, the late Robert Randall Onstead in the purchase the the Houstom Astros.

Mr. Onstead was really for the first time in his life getting involved with North Texas until on a European vacation he suddenly died of a heart attack. After his death, the Onstead family gave the University of North Texas some serious money for Willis Llibrary esplanade.

• Upvote 2

This ain't UNT football related!!! I COME HERE FOR UNT FOOTBALL TALK NOT BAYLOR GARBAGE!!!

Diversify...

You were not forced at gun point to read any of this, were you?

UH board has given us pleny of plaudits on our new stadium and I didn't read that our stadium was garbage over there.

A few of you are downright rude, must have been raised in a damn barn or never got outside the Denton city limits one.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Diversify...

You were not forced at gun point to read any of this, were you?

UH board has given us pleny of plaudits on our new stadium and I didn't read that our stadium was garbage over there.

Some of you are downright rude, must have been raised in a damn barn or never got outside the Denton city limits one.

Do they have sarcasm detectors in Weatherford?

Besides, we all know at this point this is one the last places you look for actual UNT football discussion.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've mentioned a couple times that there needs to be another football forum for teams other than UNT. I'm tired of coming here and seeing more threads that are non-unt related. Come on, admins...

You don't want see these threads but yet you're still so inclined to click on the thread and go through them and even post on them.

You don't like it. Don't read them. It's pretty simple.

You don't want see these threads but yet you're still so inclined to click on the thread and go through them and even post on them.

You don't like it. Don't read them. It's pretty simple.

I know it's a difficult concept, but the title of this forum is Mean Green Football, which means it should be about...the Mean Green. It's pretty simple.

We're all guilty of posting non-unt stuff, but sometimes it gets out of hand. I find it funny that so many people on this board complain about the lack of media coverage, but if you look at this forum threads about other schools always go multiple pages while UNT threads are lucky to go past two. Why should other people care about us when we seem to be more interested in other schools? And this just isn't about the current Penn State situation.

• Upvote 1

I know it's a difficult concept, but the title of this forum is Mean Green Football, which means it should be about...the Mean Green. It's pretty simple.

We're all guilty of posting non-unt stuff, but sometimes it gets out of hand. I find it funny that so many people on this board complain about the lack of media coverage, but if you look at this forum threads about other schools always go multiple pages while UNT threads are lucky to go past two. Why should other people care about us when we seem to be more interested in other schools? And this just isn't about the current Penn State situation.

No disrespect intended, but why don't you start a few threads related solely to UNT football? Personally, I don't see a ton of additional UNT thread worthy topics to discuss at the moment that haven't already been gone over time and time again. Here's an idea, how about doing a little research and giving us a breakdown on Troy?

I guess we should just be grateful that we have no North Texas scandals to discuss, and that our fans are interested enough to show up on the board in search of football related topics. Most of the other SBC boards (and others) are relative graveyards.

• Upvote 1

There's always a hope we'll play someday in the new Baylor stadium, so it is sort-of UNT related. Also, it's nice to compare our new digs with that proposed for the Baptists. The Baylor rendering is nice but Apogee is better.

Anyway, the proposed Baylor stadium looks great. I can hardly wait to sit back, enjoy a cold Shiner Bock, and watch a Mean Green victory.

God bless Texas!

• Upvote 1

There's always a hope we'll play someday in the new Baylor stadium, so it is sort-of UNT related. Also, it's nice to compare our new digs with that proposed for the Baptists. The Baylor rendering is nice but Apogee is better.

Anyway, the proposed Baylor stadium looks great. I can hardly wait to sit back, enjoy a cold Shiner Bock, and watch a Mean Green victory.

God bless Texas!

A Shiner Bock at Baylor Stadium? Yeah, right!!! :lol:

God bless Texas!

As long as you drink that Shiner Bock in a coffee cup, like many of the Baptist do.:lol:

Wonder what their final product will look like since Apogee Stadium doesn't resembe hardly anything compared to our very first rendering. In fact, that first rendering was about as basic as could be.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

http://img97.imagesh...56/stadium1.jpg

Above link shows just how close to I-35 the "proposed" new Baylor Stadium will be.

Has North Texas with our Apogee Stadium started a new trend with aquatics-scaping (instead of land-scaping) near a college football stadium?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

God bless Texas!

I realize that I will receive 32 -1's for saying this but no way in hell is Apogee better than what Baylor has proposed. Let's not fool ourselves. That stadium>Apogee. Just telling it like it is

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://img97.imagesh...56/stadium1.jpg

Above link shows just how close to I-35 the "proposed" new Baylor Stadium will be.

Has North Texas with our Apogee Stadium started a new trend with aquatics-scaping (instead of land-scaping) near a college football stadium?

GMG!

I didn't realize so man watercraft could fit on the Brazos? Neat renderings though, Populous is a good design firm

I realize that I will receive 32 -1's for saying this but no way in hell is Apogee better than what Baylor has proposed. Let's not fool ourselves. That stadium>Apogee. Just telling it like it is

Of course, lets see what their final product will be since initial renderings so many times never look like anything close to the final product. Remember one of our very first renderings of our new stadium? Not even close to the football palace we now have. North Texas when it expands Apogee in the future can still fancy her up as much as future leaders want, but for now our "Taj Mahal" (as Gil Brandt called Apogee) is already a fancy enough stadium for most of us. We just need to put a football team in her now with winning seasons for the next 20 or so years in a row.

If some expect Apogee Stadium (alone) is enough to coast on for now and is going to build a football program on its own merit, the next 25 years could end up being as dismal as much of the last 25. Just sayin' what I been see'in for a long time in Denton---like as in most my adult years?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen