Realignment article from Mountain West perspective

Harry

San Jose State and Utah State are at the top of the list. But what if the MWC only needs one school. Would it pick the Spartans or Aggies?

Utah State would enable the MWC to maintain a foothold in Utah and give the league a first-rate basketball program for NCAA tournament units.

San Jose State would give the MWC a foothold in the massive Bay Area and reunite the three California schools (SJSU, Fresno State and San Diego State).

That may not seem like much. But the CA rivalries would take on greater significance to the MWC football product in a post-Boise/Air Force world in which the league’s marquee program would be …

It wouldn’t have a marquee football program. It would be, essentially, the WAC circa 1995.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2011/11/05/bcs-football-updating-the-realignment-chaos-big-east-mountain-west-and-san-jose-state-version/

Tonight I enjoyed a great UNLV and BSU tilt and thought about what a shame it is that BSU is going to the BE. They must have brought 15,000 into the game and they were crazy blue and orange. I think TCU gets their clock cleaned next week in Boise. TCU is not bad but Boise is not playing great ball and I think they look at next week as a statement game in their house amongst their crazy fans.

Anyhow. BSU fits perfectly in the MWC as does USU. I would love UNT to join the MWC but the reality is that they should build around those western programs: Hawaii, SDSU, Fresno, SJSU, USU, Nevada, UNLV, NMSU, UTEP, CSU, Air Force, Wyoming, Idaho. We really are natural fit to be battling Tulsa, Rice UTEP (they want Texas) Southern Miss, Memphis, Arkie State, La La.

GMG