Breakdown of Potential CUSA Expansion Candidates

Harry

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=527285

I hope everyone settles down and realizes that while some of us will miss our past conference mates this isnt the worst thing that could happen. There are still games to be played, championships to be won, and most importantly new fans to take crap with on the internet. Just so everyone can see I am posting a break down of possible expansion candidates and their facilities I am going in no particular order:

North Texas - The Mean Green - DFW - 5th largest media market

North Texas is the 33rd largest university in the US. Research University

Football - New 30k stadium -Apogee Stadium - Attendance 17k

Athletic Center - 45000 sq ft - includes all sports

Basketball - Super Pit - 2716 Attendance average - NCAA tourney team

Baseball - no baseball at UNT

Athletic Budget - 10.6 million

************************************************************​

La Tech - Bulldogs/Lady Techsters - Ruston La - No Market

La Tech has attendance of 11.5k. Research University

Football - Joe Alliet Stadium - 30 k stadium - 40 years old - 18 k attend

Athletic Center - 15000 sq ft - built 2001

Basketall - Thomas Assembly Center - 8k capacity - built 1982 - 2438 att

Baseball - JC Love Field

Athletic Budget - 11 million

************************************************************​

Florida Atlantic - Owls - Miami Metro Area

FAU has attendance of 29k. Research University

Football - FAU Stadium - 30k - New Stadium - 15k

Athletic Center - 54000 sq ft

Basketball - Fau Arena "the Burrow" - 5000 capacity

Baseball - FAU stadium - good baseball history

Athletic Budget - 13 million

Florida International University - Golden Panthers - Miami Metro Area

FIU has attendance of 44k. Research University.

Football - Alfonso Field - Rumored upgrades - 18k capacity- 19k att

Athletic Center - unable to find information

Basketball - US Century Bank Arena - 5k capacity

Baseball - FIU Stadium

Athletic Budget - 19 million

If you want more just post the school. I will look it up. But FAU and UNT have CUSA lvl facilities today. FIU has plans to expand. La Tech would have to upgrade. La Tech has best overall history. UNT has good hoops history recently. FAU has good baseball history. FIU has potential.

North Texas Athletic Budget?

From Colorado Eagle

ColoradoEagle

• av-2905.gif
  • Mean Green Eagle
  • member.gif

• Group:Members
Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

Thought it would be an interesting time to talk about this since Coach Jones and staff just got a sizable raise, Coach Aston is being brought in after firing Stephens, and of course Coach Mac and his staff were brought in a few months ago.

The past couple completed years ('08 and '09), the budget has hovered right around $17.1 million. The student athletics fee goes into effect for the Fall '11 semester. Using the 2009-10 fact book and extrapolating those percentages out to three semesters (Fall '10, Spring '11, and Summer '10), I came up with these numbers. One caveat is that the fact book lists hours in the way of 15+, 12-14, 9-11, etc. For 15 I capped at that since that's the most hours where the fee can be applied. For numbers like 12-14, I picked 13, 9-11 I picked 10, and so on. This is only an educated guess, and may be more or less depending on the enrollment numbers...

• 2008-2009: $17,184,137
  • 2009-2010: $17,105,046
  • 2010-2011: Not yet reported
  • *2011-2012: $24,031,292

*projected

Quite a leap. Obviously half of the new fee will be going towards paying the stadium. I don't know exactly how much the maintenance and operations cost on Fouts were vs. the new facility, but I think saying we have an extra $3.45m for general athletics use wouldn't be too far off.

Optimistically, so far about $875k of the $3.45 has been spent. $80k boost for JJ, $500k boost for football assistants, $290k more for Mac than Dodge. These numbers don't include: buyout for Stephens, however much more Coach Aston and her assistants might make, and the salary boost for JJ's assistants. They also don't include any boosts we might receive due to the new stadium from increased MGC membership, higher giving, increased attendance, or increased/decreased conference revenue.

Anyways, just bored and happy that we're finally moving into an acceptable budget range. Still a ways to go for a school of our size, but it's already making a huge, tangible difference with the coaches and facilities. Now the next step should be a tangible difference with marketing and promotions which are nearly non-existent outside the campus borders.

Here's the math behind it for those interested

This post has been promoted to an article

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen