Good Realignment Article by Arkstfan

Harry

Pfft.

I worked in Shreveport from Aug 2010 to April 2011 and I made a conscious effort to keep up with how much Tech stuff I saw. If there are any supporters in Shreveport damn few of them care enough to buy a bumper sticker, car flag, magnet or license plate. I see more Arkansas State stuff each day in Little Rock than I saw Tech in a week in Shreveport and I've got a shorter drive to work in Little Rock than I had from where I lived in Bossier.

I don't claim ASU has a great presence in Little Rock, in fact I complain frequently about the poor TV and newspaper coverage but it's still better than the coverage Tech gets in Shreveport.

Ruston is 50 miles closer to Shreveport than Jonesboro is to Little Rock but you would guess the opposite driving around Shreveport and Little Rock.

Big Disclaimer: Granted it was 20 years ago

But my first ever college football game was the Independence Bowl in 1990 between La Tech & Maryland. Don't know what the capacity was then (maybe 45k?), but that place was filled to the brim with La Tech fans.

Big Disclaimer: Granted it was 20 years ago

But my first ever college football game was the Independence Bowl in 1990 between La Tech & Maryland. Don't know what the capacity was then (maybe 45k?), but that place was filled to the brim with La Tech fans.

Yes, Tech fans will travel to Shreveport for a bowl game. Ruston is NOT part of the Shreveport market. The two are not mutually exclusive!