Come on guys...

cdizzle86

yeah we should have expected to get our asses handed to us by a team we lost to by 5 last year with our 4th string QB, yup we should have expected to be down 31-0 at the half to a team that barely snuck by ULM and WKY.

:goodjob:

Last years Arkansas state team is different than this years. Stop trying to compare the two. There's a reason they are #1 in the belt. I wanted us to win just as much as the next guy, but it gets old hearing the same old crap after every loss.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Last years Arkansas state team is different than this years. Stop trying to compare the two. There's a reason they are #1 in the belt. I wanted us to win just as much as the next guy, but it gets old hearing the same old crap after every loss.

Your right they have a new coach, enough said.

• Upvote 1

Your right they have a new coach, enough said.

Not just A new coach...but an entirely revamped coaching staff with a new DC and dedicated Special Teams coach along with a COMPLETELY different attitude on and off the field. There is something very special happening at ASU. We struggled with sub-par coaching for almost a decade. Things have changed and our time has come.

Not just A new coach...but an entirely revamped coaching staff with a new DC and dedicated Special Teams coach along with a COMPLETELY different attitude on and off the field. There is something very special happening at ASU. We struggled with sub-par coaching for almost a decade. Things have changed and our time has come.

Well that finally convinced me. That does it. Sorry guys, I'm enrolling in graduate school at stAte - I think they have one - so I can root for them instead. Red really is the color of war and this whole green movement is starting to lose some steam.

I wouldn't say entirely revamped staff. The offensive staff from last year is mostly in place. We did clean house on defense.

The attitude is worlds better.

• Upvote 1

I think the point of this board is not that we lost, but how we lost. We weren't even competitive in the first half and look like a completely different team than the one that beat ULM. ASU has a heck of a team with a lot of returning starters. We lost some players at key spots, but we played much worse than we are capable.

• Upvote 2

yeah we should have expected to get our asses handed to us by a team we lost to by 5 last year with our 4th string QB, yup we should have expected to be down 31-0 at the half to a team that barely snuck by ULM and WKY.

:goodjob:

That's great insight. While we're on the subject, what's going on with Auburn. I mean, last year they beat LSU and this year they lost by 35 points? How does that happen. Discuss....

• Upvote 1

That's great insight. While we're on the subject, what's going on with Auburn. I mean, last year they beat LSU and this year they lost by 35 points? How does that happen. Discuss....

Thank you.... People need to stop comparing seasons, the talent we have this year is 5x worst than last year.

But if you look at USC, they started a lot of younger guys (soph and freshman) to gain experence and look where that is leading them.. It takes time

7 years of average recruiting classes, ie, not recruiting enough linemen but rather too many DB's and WR's (especially during the TDodge era) will create an immediate problem for a new coach every time.

WE ALL WANT TO WIN AND TO WIN.................NOW.......................but we are "still" going to have to be patient. We have some good talent, folks, but just not enough to win even in the Sun Belt. Our depth is now being tested with some injuries.

A nice transfusion of JUCO's this winter recruiting season would be nice, but we haven't been too lucky doing that of late.

GMG!