Derek Thompson is Hurt, McNulty looking bad

MeanGreen01

I'm sick of seeing this team take one step forward and two steps back. They haven't shown one ounce of heart since the start of the game. We're down by 24 and we refuse to put our passing QB in the game. Insanity.

Must put in Osborn! Let the players know we're going to try to win

Edited by Newfan
  • Upvote 1

Offense and defense gave up as soon as McNutty stepped onto the field. Judging by the body language I'd guess Mac and his dad are the only two on the sideline that believe McNutty deserves to be out there.

This is 100% what occurred. Coach Mac better be ready for the heat on this point. Everyone sees it but him.....maybe the shades are blocking his ability to see something as plain as day as this is?

Offense and defense gave up as soon as McNutty stepped onto the field. Judging by the body language I'd guess Mac and his dad are the only two on the sideline that believe McNutty deserves to be out there.

Whoaa so McNulty's daddy is on the sideline...again?

I volunteer to hold some of the fans down while the players punch them in the face repeatedly. Some people are pathetic.

Fans that don't get pissed seeing their team and coaches give up are pathetic. IMO

Not saying anything ridiculous like mcarney should be fired, but this is unacceptable. Plain and simple.

• Upvote 2

This is 100% what occurred. Coach Mac better be ready for the heat on this point. Everyone sees it but him.....maybe the shades are blocking his ability to see something as plain as day as this is?

Man couldnt say it any better, I saw the same thing! I think the team sees that special relationship between Mac and McNulty. I think you have nothing to lose at this point at half. Try and find out who wants to play come game time. Who cares if Osburn might miss some passes during practice and doesn't do as well as McNulty in practice, if he can make a game time difference! Some players crack under pressure and some others perform better under extra pressure. In less there is something else I dont see, I think he deserves a shot at least.

• Upvote 1

There is a lot more wrong with this team than just the QB. McNulty is not playing on defense and he is not playing on the offensive line who is blocking no one.

the offense has done nothing to give the defense hope and the coaches have once again shown they could give a rat's furry butt about winning road games. Just like ULL game this was a statement game and the coaches and players are clearly making a statement

I just don't understand why we even offered a ship to Osbourn if he couldn't beat out a true freshman who was not recruited by any other D1 school in the country. Other small schools wanted him as an ATH , but not as a QB.

I totally agree, if he can't beat out McNulty, then this staff did not do a good job in evaluating Osborn when bringing him in. I still think he gives this team a better chance to move the ball than McNulty.

the offense has done nothing to give the defense hope

See this is a problem. The offense should have nothing to do with the defensive effort.

Im sorry but I'm done watching every snap this team makes. Until this team is a legit power in whtvr conference we find ourselves in I will only watch nationally broadcasted games and attend games with other nationally known teams, sry call me waht you want. Reason being, we've seen that this defense can play better than this. It's 1 of 2 things,

1.) These players don't care about winning and only play for an education.

2.) They just want to call themselves college athletes.

I can't justify giving my time to a team that doesn't do the same for me. Talent between Sunbelt teams is pretty consistent,these should all be competitive games (backup qb or not). What we are seeing is the negative aspect of a program that has lost so long it is accepted. This is college football not the pros,unless my team is good I'd be an idiot to continue following/making excuses for them. This lame ass team of little boys does not define my alma mater.

• Downvote 8

See this is a problem. The offense should have nothing to do with the defensive effort.

Im sorry but I'm done watching every snap this team makes. Until this team is a legit power in whtvr conference we find ourselves in I will only watch nationally broadcasted games and attend games with other nationally known teams, sry call me waht you want. Reason being, we've seen that this defense can play better than this. It's 1 of 2 things,

1.) These players don't care about winning and only play for an education.

2.) They just want to call themselves college athletes.

I can't justify giving my time to a team that doesn't do the same for me. Talent between Sunbelt teams is pretty consistent,these should all be competitive games (backup qb or not). What we are seeing is the negative aspect of a program that has lost so long it is accepted. This is college football not the pros,unless my team is good I'd be an idiot to continue following/making excuses for them. This lame ass team of little boys does not define my alma mater.

I don't care what other people say to you. You are representative of some population I'm sure. Part of the population that UNT desperately needs to appeal to. You just chose to post about it on this board.

Come back for basketball season, seriously.

It's a shame to keep losing fans. Fans have to support, players gotta play. Not necessarily in that order. Either can happen first and then it snow balls.

• Upvote 2