Interesting (and pretty accurate) Realignment Thread

Harry

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?96804-W-Va-to-Big-12

Posted by Parialex:

I really don't think you have to worry about UTSA at this point. Particularly if there is resistance from UTEP. UTEP is someone that they would need in their corner. I know who UNT's champion would be, who F_U's would be. I have no idea who would go to bat for UTSA. If Houston and SMU both go, the beauty of it for you is that UNT is a "replacement school" for both (large public U for us, DFW for them). That leaves an opening for an addition school. I don't want to go pumping too much sunshine because it could turn sideways (they could choose not to expand or they could go a different direction to fill the vacancy or they might infathomably care what Tulane thinks), but I've long thought that SMU+UH leaving is ideal for you (despite the fact that SMU is alleged to be your champion).

All in all, I don't feel comfortable about any of this for us.

Not that it won't eventually happen for us, but for now all the various scenarios going on just baffles the mind.

Our ace is still our location (FINALLY)................. but had we been a better athletic program across the board the last 15 years we would be a shoo-in with some one now--no questions asked.

GMG!