Louisville fans on suicide watch after jilted by Big12

NT80

"Over the last four years, this football program has fallen from national prominence-on the verge of competing for a national championship, to irrelevance, and now obscurity."

http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=658&tid=148922577&mid=148922577&sid=923&style=2

"If we get stuck in a rebuilt big east, it will be a devastating blow to our attendance & ticket sales. No kool aid drinker or optimist can ignore or discount that simple fact!"

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759

This guy is a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

+1 for any Bobs reference.

I'll be honest with you, I love his music. I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Hey Peter, check out this chick on channel 9!

• Upvote 1

No, North Texas and Louisville should lead the way in reforming the old Missouri Valley Conference as it was right before Fry arrived in Denton. What a collection of schools of whom most took the high road and climbed up the NCAA totem pole.

GMG!

PS: Now Louisville can feel some of our pain (but at a different level, of course)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Louisville seems like it would pull just as many TV's as Morgantown. You can't count on all of Pittsburgh to jump on board WVU's train just because it is somewhat close. I think Louisville is a better pick honestly... I wonder what happened to talks with BYU? Seems BYU or Air Force would be a better choice for the big12-2.

Louisville seems like it would pull just as many TV's as Morgantown. You can't count on all of Pittsburgh to jump on board WVU's train just because it is somewhat close. I think Louisville is a better pick honestly... I wonder what happened to talks with BYU? Seems BYU or Air Force would be a better choice for the big12-2.

MGT, the NCAA has its own secret formula of how schools pull in a large TV market and they use that new math as part of their formula; you know, where much larger schools with much larger constituencies apparently have no TV sets among any of their enormous numbers so discount them out of any AQ league possibilities, yet the smaller school constits' apparently all have 10 TV's per household among their alums (counting the maids and butlers) so when the Nielsen ratings folks come a-callin to poll for their ratings well, you know the rest of how all that works, right? :blink:

It's really elementary with the NCAA powers that be with their large TV market formula as they determine which schools are worthy of becoming AQ conference ready. The school from which the first Heismann Trophy came, ie, the University of Chicago should resurrect their football program as that small private school would immediately rise to the top of AQ league candidates in today's NCAA.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen