Source: West Virginia leaving Big East for Big 12

NT80

I'm afraid we will be stuck in the Sunbelt, and there are many scenarios saying we will.

I don't even care anymore. I'm all about the Boise model. Just win. Win often. Win everywhere. That's all you can control. And we've invested in the things we need to do to do just that. WIN.

TCU WON.

UH WON.

BOISE WON.

• Upvote 1

The Big East doesn't have any incentive to "share" their BCS spot with CUSA and MW. They should be able to cherry pick the teams they want and remain a viable football conference.

Yes, why would the remaining Big East football schools want to jump from a 1/12 chance of a BCS Bowl with their own league champ vs a 1/32 chance with a combined league?

Also, the Big East's non-football schools are a major voting block in that conference. They stand to make Million$ by exit fees from existing schools leaving and entrance fees from new schools joining.

I think all this latest re-alignment musical chairs is just organized chaos and another step by the Big Boys to further separate the wheat from the chafe. They know what they are doing with all this. Initially, I think they want to get all this down to 80 schools; then 60 schools; then who the heck knows.

I hope we have not waited too late on building this stadium and expressing what our intentions & aspirations are with that stadium. In fact, has that even been expressed by our administration and if so....when?

All this going on in the NCAA just makes me sick truth be known.:sick:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The more dominos that fall the better for UNT.

not if big east falls apart and s.m.u. doesn't move along with florida,c.f.u., and maybe e.c.u.also, this " global football conference" consisting of m.w.,c.u.a., and big east with either 28 or 32 teams would lock us out.in a perfect world, big 12 stops at 10, big east reloads, and we take s.m.u.'s spot in c.u.s.a. those 3 conference heads are susposed to meet this week. also, my understanding is that every member of big east, including basketball only members, have an equal vote in football matters.

I think all this latest re-alignment musical chairs is just organized chaos and another step by the Big Boys to further separate the wheat from the chafe. They know what they are doing with all this. Initially, I think they want to get all this down to 80 schools; then 60 schools; then who the heck knows.

I hope we have not waited too late on building this stadium and expressing what our intentions & aspirations are with that stadium. In fact, has that even been expressed by our administration and if so....when?

All this going on in the NCAA just makes me sick truth be known.:sick:

GMG!

right there with you buddy

This "alliance" is the dumbest thing ever and will destroy the programs that choose to participate. I'd much rather stay in the Bel, win, and see what happens when we do.

Ideas like this "alliance" will kill fan interest in college program that participate. I seriously doubt that it ever happens.

This doesn't necessarily mean bad things for NT. If the Big East wants to keep their auto bid,they will need more teams. Maybe NT can make it into there. If SMUt goes to the BEast and NT doesn't, then maybe we replace SMUt. If SMUt goes nowhere, maybe we can still get into the MWC. Maybe the SBC combines with the MAC. Maybe the Belt raids the FEW worthy teams in the WACky. Then there is the Big Not Quite 12. IF Mizzou bolts to the SEC and WVA goes to the Big Whatever, it brings them to 10 teams. They will eventually need to add teams. Maybe they add UH and we replace UH n CUSA. Maybe we can work our way into the Big 12, not likely, but if they Big 12 wants to expand, it's possible. The main thing is we need to WIN.

If I'm the CUSA or MWC Commish you bet I'm going to try and wrangle an agreement with an unstable AQ Conference to join forces (and link on to their AQ bid).

That way maybe my best teams stay in my conference instead of leaving for that AQ conference.

It's called the Trojan Horse strategy in war. Offer a gift of unity and help (merger), get let into the fort (big east), then steal the riches (AQ bid).

This doesn't necessarily mean bad things for NT. If the Big East wants to keep their auto bid,they will need more teams. Maybe NT can make it into there. If SMUt goes to the BEast and NT doesn't, then maybe we replace SMUt. If SMUt goes nowhere, maybe we can still get into the MWC. Maybe the SBC combines with the MAC. Maybe the Belt raids the FEW worthy teams in the WACky. Then there is the Big Not Quite 12. IF Mizzou bolts to the SEC and WVA goes to the Big Whatever, it brings them to 10 teams. They will eventually need to add teams. Maybe they add UH and we replace UH n CUSA. Maybe we can work our way into the Big 12, not likely, but if they Big 12 wants to expand, it's possible. The main thing is we need to WIN.

from what i read the big east has a real fear in losing their auto bid, especially with loss of pitt and w.virg. thats why they are trying to get boise state for football only. without them,i don't see how the mwc and cusa can help bring the quality needed. other than houston and boise, i can't think of another program in top 25 from either mwc or cusa.