Thoughts moving forward...

northtexasfrog

I'm looking at the rest of the schedule and thinking of what our final is gonna be this year. I'm thinking either 5-7 or 6-6.

I think for sure we win Troy and Mid Tenn. I think Western Kentucky is a swing and sadly don't see us pulling off a win over Arkansas State. Ark. State is 3-0 at home and have only lost two contests to Illinois and Virginia Tech, so I dunno if we pull this off there.

Your thoughts?

I'm looking at the rest of the schedule and thinking of what our final is gonna be this year. I'm thinking either 5-7 or 6-6.

I think for sure we win Troy and Mid Tenn. I think Western Kentucky is a swing and sadly don't see us pulling off a win over Arkansas State. Ark. State is 3-0 at home and have only lost two contests to Illinois and Virginia Tech, so I dunno if we pull this off there.

Your thoughts?

I'd take either! But it's the BELT and 7-5 is not impossible.

Anything is possible. This team has to have some consistent success in the passing game to have a realistic shot at a winning record. I think the defense is playing very well right now. Last week was a good indication of what can happen when the QB/WR's finally step up. If this can continue, it could get interesting.

Got to pick up a road win or two. Arky State game will be tough, but with the way the team seems to be buying into the Coach mac system now, and with Thompson "coming of age". almost anything is possible at this point, so WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!

I still think 5 wins is the "magic" number this season, but I would not faint dead away if I were wrong on the low side and UNT ends up with at least 6 wins. That would be some turn around in the first year.

• Upvote 1

Lot of comments about NT being really bad on the road. Yes, they were horrible in their first game against FIU and at Tulsa without their starting QB. However, I thought that NT played Alabama tough and the ULL game was definitely winnable until a fourth quarter collapse in a game were ULL had everything going for them. No doubt NT has played better at home but I am not sure they are a bad away team. The team is getting better and at this point I think NT would be favored in the rest of the games except Saturday and despite the posted odds, ASU is not unbeatable at home.

Lot of comments about NT being really bad on the road. Yes, they were horrible in their first game against FIU and at Tulsa without their starting QB. However, I thought that NT played Alabama tough and the ULL game was definitely winnable until a fourth quarter collapse in a game were ULL had everything going for them. No doubt NT has played better at home but I am not sure they are a bad away team. The team is getting better and at this point I think NT would be favored in the rest of the games except Saturday and despite the posted odds, ASU is not unbeatable at home.

If the game plan is similar to this past weekend, the team for sure has a shot. If they go conservative like FIU and ULL then it will be a tough road to ho.

We should go in to Jonesboro with the attitude of "We've Got Nothing To Lose" and play loose. It will be a tough game for sure, but I really think we can end the year 6-6, but 5-7 should be in the bag. After the last few years, I would be extremely happy with both of those.

I think I would be somewhat satisfied with 5-7 for this year. That would represent the most wins for NT since our 7-5 record in 2004.

6-6 would be a big positive and nice first season for McCarney.

Good post, and that's an understatement.

In the 16 years since UNT returned to "1A", it has finished at/above .500 3 times.

It would be a major accomplishment for a first season, IMO.

And the Bi-polarness of this board continues.

This team needs to win on the road before we go all 7-5 up in here.

My original prediction was 6-6. I think we beat MTSU and WKU (barley) at home, and lose (possibly badly) to ASU on the road. That means 6-6 comes down to beating a very beatable Troy team on the road. Since I said 6-6 to start the season, I guess I'll have to go with a Troy road win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1