CUSAbbs Board Poll On Who Replaces Houston

PlummMeanGreen

Bump..

LaTech is slowly surging as to catch us, but we are stil leading the parade for the moment.

Is CUSA a step up from the Sunbelt ? Especially if SMU and Houston leave, leaving only UTEP as an in-state rival for us. No auto. BCS spot, just like the Sunbelt. Note: of the three schools considered to be favorites to join the Big 12, Louisville has the lowest avg. football attendance ( about 48,000 ) with the others averaging much more ( V-Tech 66,000 ).

• Upvote 2

Is CUSA a step up from the Sunbelt ? Especially if SMU and Houston leave, leaving only UTEP as an in-state rival for us. No auto. BCS spot, just like the Sunbelt. Note: of the three schools considered to be favorites to join the Big 12, Louisville has the lowest avg. football attendance ( about 48,000 ) with the others averaging much more ( V-Tech 66,000 ).

Rice, also

Perception wise, yes. I was listening to the local sports talk station and the host was saying he found some football on TV tonight: FIU v Troy. After a few guffaws from everyone in the station, he said it's amazing what you'll watch when you are desperate!

I would think CUSA with 2 Texas schools in it would be a move up; especially with Rice and UTEP being those 2, but how long does UTEP stay in CUSA is the next question. Rice? A trip every other year to Houston could do some very nice things for our recruiting and I don' t care if SMU or UH are in the AQ Big East.

http://ncaabbs.com/s....php?tid=525014

Just for fun....vote for the Mean Green!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

It will be a step up, provided we stop drooling over UTSA and Texas State and proposing they join whatever conference we're in.

• Upvote 2

It will be a step up, provided we stop drooling over UTSA and Texas State and proposing they join whatever conference we're in.

Thank you for expressing that.

A seemed problem at North Texas is we want to be overly kind to all the NCAA legacy-poor schools, ie, those soon to be or just up a classification and even that attitude in the SBC early days. Then we wonder why those very schools (most of us knew nothing about before our 1-AA days) as we have some of our elect who still clamor to put on our level and........... just to watch some of those very schools slide right past us . UL-Monroe? A great win but why is the embarrassingly low athletic budget school even on the same playing field as North Texas with Texas talent that should have stayed in Texas? Before we of UNT give the shirts off our backs to some of these schools, lets make sure we have shirts on ourselves. (Yes, I know many of us think Apogee Stadium will soon be a great clothier for MG football).

Like it or not, we are now recruiting against UTSA and TSU-SM as we post as I'm sure Old Fan will soon let us all know in his upcoming UNT recruiting research.

But what about SMU post SWC implosion--What's the difference here? My (and others) thing with SMU is (mostly) totally unrelated to the scenario above, though; but rather why they just keep getting passes at every turn, ie, for any AQ conference consideration based on crowd photos (or TV camera shots) of empty seats for said proof, but then the DMN Sunday AM boxscore indicates attendance numbers much, much rosier (and have for decades). Other fans from around the Southwest apparently feel the same after reading some of their boards. Enough of smu, I don't want to even think of their subtle concealment of the reality of their situation--the Big East just got zoomed by some snake oil salesman............... probably New York based ESPN/ex SMU'er (now broadaster) Craig James as the lead man for that project. Also, at no time have I or others ever posted that North Texas was ready for AQ conference Prime Time (either) but gol' darn it, neither are our fine Methodist friends of University Park, Texas, as more and more on many other collegiate HSO's boards are saying the same thing. So in effect..........we are all.....just sayin'...

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Going to other message boards and flooding it with UNT info makes us look like the desperate fat girl at a party that will go home with anyone.

It only annoys other boards when outsiders come to their turf. Most people here told TXST posters to shove it when they came here talking about their stadium. I like reading other boards to see what they think, but when you saturate it with a bunch of UNT bias it ruins the point. Especially, when it's a poll.

• Upvote 4

Going to other message boards and flooding it with UNT info makes us look like the desperate fat girl at a party that will go home with anyone.

It only annoys other boards when outsiders come to their turf. Most people here told TXST posters to shove it when they came here talking about their stadium. I like reading other boards to see what they think, but when you saturate it with a bunch of UNT bias it ruins the point. Especially, when it's a poll.

Annoy a college or conference HSO's/smack board? They are all about opinions and (for some) educating those who don't know a damn thing about UNT.

When you have a feeling such information is not (or has not) come from our campus then how the hell they going to know anything about North Texas? I think we should keep in mind that other schools have done the same things for years. SMU made it clear thru all forms of the media weeks ago of their interest in the Big 12. Then you see a bunch of SMU fans with posters pushing for Big 12 admittance in the backgrounds of an ESPN Game Day pre-game and now you have that enormous producer of the North Texas Metroplex TV market soon to be in the AQ Big East? They beat their own drum because no one else was going to do it.

You are right, over-kill can be a bad thing (even "maybe" on a college conference smack board), but in my 38 years as a Mean Green fan we have not been known to over-kill anything that could benefit us conference-wise as to actually move up in one; rather than what we've gotten instead. .02 worth of opinion like everyone elses.

As posted in the first post of this thread....all just for fun since these are not scientific polls.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

people are just expressing their opinions! that CUSA board is the same board as the Sunbelts so its easy for UNT to dominate the "turf". UNT shouldve been in CUSA a long time ago. With SMU gone CUSA can jump right back into DFW. We have a badass stadium to fill!

I disagree, but even if it does who cares? And every once in a while, the fat girl gets lucky... doesn't she?

I like fat girls. One particular Latina from northside Fort Worth. She's a fat'esque angel. And she's a widow which is the only kind of latina girl I will ever feel safe dating (if you know what I mean, Vern).

AND..........

Bumpity doo-dah, bumpity day, even more North Texas votes will make our day. (to tune of Disney's "zippity doo.....oh hell you know the rest).

If you don't vote , you will have a pimple rise in a most surprising place by midnight tonight. :unsure:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I like fat girls. One particular Latina from northside Fort Worth. She's a fat'esque angel. And she's a widow which is the only kind of latina girl I will ever feel safe dating (if you know what I mean, Vern).

I don't know what you mean, but would love to hear more.

I don't know what you mean, but would love to hear more.

One of the greatest things many of us love about Latinas is their great, deep passion for love; but the opposite of that is their well known jealousy which many times rages out of control among their race of which most of them admit is a weakness; hence, the widow part means--may her beloved late husband rest in peace (rather than resting,ie, hiding behind the hedges wondering what his ex wife is up to and with who)? Quoner, that's about it in a nutshell.

:sword: Zorro!

One of the greatest things many of us love about Latinas is their great, deep passion for love; but the opposite of that is their well known jealousy which many times rages out of control among their race of which most of them admit is a weakness; hence, the widow part means--may her beloved late husband rest in peace (rather than resting,ie, hiding behind the hedges wondering what his ex wife is up to and with who)? Quoner, that's about it in a nutshell.

:sword: Zorro!

Ayudame dios, te amo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would think CUSA with 2 Texas schools in it would be a move up; especially with Rice and UTEP being those 2, but how long does UTEP stay in CUSA is the next question. Rice? A trip every other year to Houston could do some very nice things for our recruiting and I don' t care if SMU or UH are in the AQ Big East.

Just for fun....vote for the Mean Green!

GMG!

Bump! LaTech is slowly moving up the totem pole. Stand Up! Mean Green Nation!

Like sports is considered to be the toy section of the Department Store of Life--most of us on this board (just for fun) spend a part of our lives thru the actions of a bunch of 18 -22 year olds and even all that still...............just for fun.

So...................... just for fun.....vote for North Texas. Someone is noticing our interest in what they have going on over there. http://ncaabbs.com/s....php?tid=525014

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen