First post.

Voice of Reason

Sat and watched UNT win a football game in dominating fashion yesterday. I could not be happier for the team. I have watched what it has gone through for the last several years. I have to say, the changes that have been made are outstanding. You have a beautiful new stadium. A real college football coaching staff and players who have totally bought into the system and want to play football for UNT.

Now to you on this board. All I have seen today is people bitching about stuff. No where to nurse a child, ATM machines, hotdogs vs hamburgers..., Frats in the parking lots. Walking from Fouts. Ya'll don't even know what a good football discussion board is supposed to be. Yes, this is my first post but I have followed this board and many other boards for a long time, both high school and college. This is anything but a football board. I challange all of you to make the change like the football team has. Start talking football.. Take the other topics somewhere else. If it isn't football related, it isn't worth discussing.

A great first post and one that should be taken to heart. It is painful to log on for information and be flooded with so much trivia and multiple comments that don't offer well thought out observations or suggestions for making things better. Perhaps sthe Board leadership should put up a complaint forum and let those who simply want to treat the board like a text message give and take play on that forum.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Sat and watched UNT win a football game in dominating fashion yesterday. I could not be happier for the team. I have watched what it has gone through for the last several years. I have to say, the changes that have been made are outstanding. You have a beautiful new stadium. A real college football coaching staff and players who have totally bought into the system and want to play football for UNT.

Now to you on this board. All I have seen today is people bitching about stuff. No where to nurse a child, ATM machines, hotdogs vs hamburgers..., Frats in the parking lots. Walking from Fouts. Ya'll don't even know what a good football discussion board is supposed to be. Yes, this is my first post but I have followed this board and many other boards for a long time, both high school and college. This is anything but a football board. I challange all of you to make the change like the football team has. Start talking football.. Take the other topics somewhere else. If it isn't football related, it isn't worth discussing.

Good post. You should read one of my posts back in September. It was all about being positive and reducing complaining. I can't stand to read this board when it's infected with all of that garbage.

Go Mean Green

JRock

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Good post. You should read one of my posts back in September. It was all about being positive and reducing complaining. I can't stand to read this board when it's infected with all of that garbage.

Go Mean Green

JRock

Translation: Before anyone gives this guy credit for a new idea just know I thought it first.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Yes, this is my first post but I have followed this board and many other boards for a long time, both high school and college. This is anything but a football board. I challange all of you to make the change like the football team has. Start talking football.. Take the other topics somewhere else. If it isn't football related, it isn't worth discussing.

You must be a professional board reader by now.

• Upvote 2

<snip>

Ya'll don't even know what a good football discussion board is supposed to be. Yes, this is my first post but I have followed this board and many other boards for a long time, both high school and college. This is anything but a football board.

</snip>

Football board? This isn't a football board. This is a group (and often very public) therapy session for Mean Green-aholics. I think you might be looking for The Eagles Nest. :D

You know you're a Mean Green-aholic when the first thing you check in the box score, no second....alright the first...is the official attendance for North Texas home games. Then for some odd reason you check the attendance for SMU (liars) followed closely by other Sun Belt teams. Come on now. Admitting it is the first step toward recovery.

Hi, I'm Keith.

• Upvote 3

+1, and you have said what many of us here have been thinking lately.

Have you seen the state of NT football the last several years??? How do you expect sunshine & puppy dogs blown up your a$$ when the first season of the new regime isn't even complete? We've all had one foot in the grave the last few years, old habits die hard....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wait, wait, wait... most people say something like that and they get a-9999 on their ratings. Has this board gone soft? Agree, lets be realists, and lets talk football and less complaining. Although, I'm waiting for bi-polar posts to resume next week.

Take out the complaining, realignment, and BS posts and this board would be a graveyard. I guess we just have to decide if we want the status quo or the graveyard, because I don't see X's and O's talk taking over anytime soon.

If the people who complain about the lack of football posts on here were actually capable of talking football, they would just do it. They just have the passive "guy listening to sports talk radio" mentality where they need someone else to tee up an opinion for them so they can react and feel knowledgeable.

Defense played great on Saturday. What can they do to get better, guys? Has Thompson taken the next step in his development? How's the back up QB race going? Still corrupt and offensive to god and nature? I'll hang up and listen.

• Upvote 5

Please, enlighten us on how to post.

• Upvote 3

This is the greatest college sports message board/forum/blog/podcast in the COUNTRY! Period! Why?

Because it is not a sub-board on some sports website like the rest of the conference uses. It is not in competition with 100 other message boards, like the hundreds of copycats for Texas or Ohio State. Most of us here personally know some or most of the other members. It is run by hard-core fans of this university who are constantly trying to make the board better.

All hail Harry and Evan.

Grand%20Central%20Station%20Aliens%20All%20Hail%20K%20Men%20In%20Black%202%20Locker.PNG

• Upvote 4