This team has turned the corner...

rjmunthe

They had swagger and displayed toughness. They looked great on O and like the best D in the Sun Belt. Confidence. Dodge's team never looked like this. We looked like we fell into our wins under Dodge. ULM beat up Troy. No reason we can't win 3 out of 4 and go bowling.

Also, alumni/paid side is disappointing, but the student section is the home field advantage this year. Vicious, menacing, loud, wild and rowdy. Like a college team student section. Totally impressive. Compared to last year, it's stunning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We still haven't won two in-a-row since 2004 so hold your horses.

That was a statement win. We may not beat Arkansas State, but, I won't die if we don't. What proves to me this team is different is when ULM got the ball back with 6 or 7 minutes left and we punched them right in the mouth. I had a bad feeling that this game was done for. Between being a UNT and a Texans fan, the 4th quarter is deadly to me. But UNT got stronger as the game went on. I don't see why we won't dominate here on out.

• Upvote 1

That was a statement win. We may not beat Arkansas State, but, I won't die if we don't. What proves to me this team is different is when ULM got the ball back with 6 or 7 minutes left and we punched them right in the mouth. I had a bad feeling that this game was done for. Between being a UNT and a Texans fan, the 4th quarter is deadly to me. But UNT got stronger as the game went on. I don't see why we won't dominate here on out.

Each week is a new challenge. I would like to echo your sentiments, but they have struggled mightily on the road. It is clear they are making progress, though. Keep it up Mean Green. The future is bright.

GMG

Also, alumni/paid side is disappointing, but the student section is the home field advantage this year. Vicious, menacing, loud, wild and rowdy. Like a college team student section. Totally impressive. Compared to last year, it's stunning.

Think it's just that you're on the student side?

We still haven't won two in-a-row since 2004 so hold your horses.

True but it is amazing to think that we're 3-5 and we'd won like 6 games the past 4 years combined. I'd say we're starting to turn a corner and it is not out the possibility that we can win 5 or dare I say even 6 games if we keep on playing like this and continue to get better. Remember this team has been losing so much and so bad that they'd prob lost all confidence...so I think their confidence is quickly rising as well the more they're able to compete and pull out some wins.