ULM Official Attendance

UNTflyer

Sure seemed like there was way more. Crowd was wild and loud. Whatever. 18K of wild die-hards is fine, then. Expect more at WKU and Middle Tennessee, especially after we beat AKState and Troy.

Student section showed up. Not much on the alumni/paid side and the end zone. Student section is the Home Field Advantage this year, plain and simple.

Edited by rjmunthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I disagree... I think there was way less... The alumni/paid section was not even close to 40% full and the Wing was even less than that.. I am sure that was definitely "paid" not gate numbers. There was not even 60% in the student section.

Love that those who were there loud, but I was disappointed at how many people stayed in the tailgate.

I'm pretty sure that was gate numbers. There were SO MANY more people there than there was versus FAU. And the student section is mainly only the middle. There were the same amount of students there as there was at Indiana or Houston, in my opinion.

Furthermore, a lot stayed home for the Rangers I bet.

Edited by rjmunthe

I'm pretty sure that was gate numbers. There were SO MANY more people there than there was versus FAU. And the student section is mainly only the middle. There were the same amount of students there as there was at Indiana or Houston[/b[, in my opinion.

Furthermore, a lot stayed home for the Rangers I bet.

The student section for Houston was slap full and overflowing to the wing - you must be front row and looking ahead.

Years ago at Homecoming frats and sororiies had more of an active part during Game Day half time festivities so as I recall they would show up en mass also giving them a chance to show their usually impressive numbers of members, ie, frats versus frats, sororities versus sororities; but all for the Mean Green come kick-off.

There was more involvement from our African American North Texas students who would fill a huge section of Fouts during the Fry Era. Some of the black fraternities put on some pretty darn impressive pre-game walks to where they would sit. It was fun to watch their spirit and involvement in supporting the Mean Green back in the day.

All those frats still tailgating during the entire game today might not have had student tickets to even get inside Apothee since they can't use just their UNT student ID bar codes to get in or can they still get student tickets at the ticket windows pre-game?

Once North Texas gets more of the old golf cart paths (from our former golf course where Apogee now stands) fixed in the prime tail gate areas maybe in time our school can invest in 2 or 3 long tram trains like they used to have at the huge parking lots at 6 Flags Over Texas. Then a couple of those trains could make a couple extra trips to those still tail-gating at "The Hill" & surrounding areas after kick-off with an "All Aboard" to get some of them away from their kegs and bring them straight to the stadium turnstiles. Of course, we know all are not going to "hop aboard" but at least some might--others may follow and that is just one game plan to solve this problem.

The frats many of us saw tail-gating oustide during the entire game today had they come inside the stadium would have filled some holes quite impressively at our Apogee Student Section. I think they may have filled 2 or 3 upper sections of the Apogee Student Sections because there was quite a large number of them tailgating.

I think the key is to still get all frats and sororities involved in an active and participating way during every annual Homecoming half time, though. Just sayin'...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

You guys crack me up. First, you blame the Greeks for not coming in since they don't have flasks and would rather drink, ten later in the week you all start a thread about how you wish they sold beer in the stadium.

Then we've got Green Meaner stating all frats are "douchersm". Nice. Do you know any personally, because many of the season ticket/ Mean Green Club members I know were in fraternities while in school. Don't be so fast with the labels.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 6

You guys crack me up. First, you blame the Greeks for not coming in since they don't have flasks and would rather drink, ten later in the week you all start a thread about how you wish they sold beer in the stadium.

Then we've got Green Meaner stating all frats are "douchersm". Nice. Do you know any personally, because many of the season ticket/ Mean Green Club members I know were in fraternities while in school. Don't be so fast with the labels.

True I was exaggerating...but in my experience maybe did fit that doucher profile. Tho you are right it is not all of them. just a select few that will eff it up for everybody else.

Edited by Green Mean