I think this post sums up how I feel pretty well

Harry

1903 was the "Modern" World Series. There were championship series before 1903 and before 1890.

The MLB World Series does not consider those games part of its history, but as a predecessor to it.

Most consider Texas Normal College the same institution that is currently known as the University of North Texas.

The MLB World Series does not consider those games part of its history, but as a predecessor to it.

Most consider Texas Normal College the same institution that is currently known as the University of North Texas.

It may have been a predecessor but it was still a form of a championship that is a part of its history. It was still under the Major League Baseball Umbrella.

I guess my point was that you could argue that it is or it isn't from the other posters original point.

Long story short people will do what they wish and I don't believe people should criticize what the decide is what i was trying to get to the other poster.

I went to the Dallas Observer Showcase last night in Deep Ellum. Perfect example of how to enjoy both without having to choose. You have a crowd of people with mohawks and colored hair that came to see the Old 97's and The Toadies - and the festival was smart enough to bring in a portable jumbotron and played the game the entire time. We have two video boards at Apogee, no need to bring in a portable one. Play the Rangers game on the small one and turn our game into the biggest Rangers watching party in Denton. If the crowd in Deep Ellum can watch both (and cheer for both bands AND The Rangers) - all with last minute planning... we can easily turn the TV to the game and promote it as a Texas Sports Celebration. People will glance at the Rnagers game and the announcer can give score updates. There should be no reason to feel compelled to "choose" when both events can feed off of one another and possibly bring out an even bigger crowd. I would much rather watch two great sporting events in our palace than choose one over the other. Market the event and turn a potential negative into a positive.

I went to the Dallas Observer Showcase last night in Deep Ellum. Perfect example of how to enjoy both without having to choose. You have a crowd of people with mohawks and colored hair that came to see the Old 97's and The Toadies - and the festival was smart enough to bring in a portable jumbotron and played the game the entire time. We have two video boards at Apogee, no need to bring in a portable one. Play the Rangers game on the small one and turn our game into the biggest Rangers watching party in Denton. If the crowd in Deep Ellum can watch both (and cheer for both bands AND The Rangers) - all with last minute planning... we can easily turn the TV to the game and promote it as a Texas Sports Celebration. People will glance at the Rnagers game and the announcer can give score updates. There should be no reason to feel compelled to "choose" when both events can feed off of one another and possibly bring out an even bigger crowd. I would much rather watch two great sporting events in our palace than choose one over the other. Market the event and turn a potential negative into a positive.

I don't know, if I'm a player I think that would piss me off.

Throwing a Rangers game on at a UNT Football venue (different than a bar) sort of undermines what the football team is trying to be, don't you think?

The Texas Rangers, major league baseball and the World Series mean nothing to me, in fact, now that the damn baseball season has forced itself deeper into the football season as a result of the money-grubbing playoff format, It means less than nothing.

We all know money means nothing in college athletics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Throwing a Rangers game on at a UNT Football venue (different than a bar) sort of undermines what the football team is trying to be, don't you think?

It was a pretty big outdoor festival. Bands are notoriously prima donnas but it seemed to work out great. It was really great to see people enjoying both. The sound was off for the game but it was there for those that didn't want to miss it. I could see a conflict if the crowd is cheering the baseball game during the football game but just having it on in the background might get people on the fence to come out and then they get sucked into the live game. Its just a thought...unusual circumstances call for unusual marketing.

It's not any old game. It's the World Series. I say promote this dual game situation. The team will have to deal with it and still go out and win. It is up to them to grab our attention. If not this game will have 15K which is sad for homecoming.

Get creative and find a way to draw the Rangers fans in too.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Yes. Broadcasting another team's game at the stadium, while the Mean Green are playing is like a permanent "Wave": A slap in the face to the players on the field.

Isn't that how the North Texas Exes works? Something like if you once set foot within 20 miles of Denton City Limits you're eligible for membership?

One...please stop calling it the UNT Exes. The UNT Alumni Association has not been named the Exes for several years...and, yes, just likie it is for the vast majority of universities in the U.S., you do not have to be a gradualte of the University to be a member of their Alumni Assoiation.

One...please stop calling it the UNT Exes. The UNT Alumni Association has not been named the Exes for several years...and, yes, just likie it is for the vast majority of universities in the U.S., you do not have to be a gradualte of the University to be a member of their Alumni Assoiation.

I never actually knew this....is this common? I'd feel really odd being a part of that without graduating or ever attending there. I can see people being a part of school organizations or athletics organizations like the MGC or something but the Alumni Association I find it quite weird.

I never actually knew this....is this common? I'd feel really odd being a part of that without graduating or ever attending there. I can see people being a part of school organizations or athletics organizations like the MGC or something but the Alumni Association I find it quite weird.

Just re-read my post...yes, it is quite common. Call a few around the country and ask if you can join without having graduated. vast majority will tell you where you can send the check.