1st Practice Video

NT Alum '04

There are so many new faces... I saw Kedrick and Edwards... Can anyone ID the players faces and match them to their numbers?

Practice jerseys are accurate to the numbers on the team roster

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=564&SPSID=9109

Thanks. I was just noticing that... there is a #25 that isn't on the roster.. any idea?

Practice jerseys are accurate to the numbers on the team roster

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=564&SPSID=9109

Thanks. I was just noticing that... there is a #25 that isn't on the roster.. any idea?

Looking at the video... There's only one freakishly tall white guy I know of on the roster. MGSports says Niko is #30, but he wore #25 at Lon Morris and he has a blond buzz cut. Could be a number mistake or a change of heart.

Also, the expected walk-on is/was Kyron Criner, a 5'11" black guy. I don't think he's the one wearing #25 in that video.

Also, our official site spells Niko "Stojilkovic" differently than Rivals, ESPN, or any other team he's ever played for did (USF, Lon Morris, and the French National U18 team spelled it "Stojiljkovic", with a 2nd "j").

We'll probably be fixing something to do with him on the website soon.

Alzee is freaking ripped... I didn't even recognize him at first... I see he wasn't just sitting around his year off..

That caught my attention as well! I had a hard time recognizing him!

The rosters match the numbers:

Green Jerseys

3 - Alzee

24 - Hogans

14- Trey

11 - Forrest

34 - Edwards

White Jersey

32 - Franklin

5 - Chris Jones

10 - Patton

Didn't see JWilliams

Looking at the video... There's only one freakishly tall white guy I know of on the roster. MGSports says Niko is #30, but he wore #25 at Lon Morris and he has a blond buzz cut. Could be a number mistake or a change of heart.

Also, the expected walk-on is/was Kyron Criner, a 5'11" black guy. I don't think he's the one wearing #25 in that video.

Was not aware he walked on! He'll never see any action!

Was not aware he walked on! He'll never see any action!

Don't know if he did or not... He's apparently friendly with some of the new guys and I think he was even on campus during the summer.

NT03 saw a lot of chatter on Twitter about him walking on here. This was months ago, though.

That caught my attention as well! I had a hard time recognizing him!

The rosters match the numbers:

Green Jerseys

3 - Alzee

24 - Hogans

14- Trey

11 - Forrest

34 - Edwards

White Jersey

32 - Franklin

5 - Chris Jones

10 - Patton

Didn't see JWilliams

He's there.. #23...if I recall he makes a sweet turn around jumper from about the foul line toward the end of video.

Didn't recognize the guy defending Kedrick that Franklin smacked. He appeared to be 6'5" or 6'6". No Number.

It's fairly easy to tell the Freshmen from the upperclassmen just by looking at physiques. Patton doesn't look near as cut as Alonzo, Alzee, Kedrick, Roger and Tony, but I think he might be a little longer.

It's going to be tough for these freshmen (outside of Tony) to step right in at the college level and assert themselves, but it will come, I'm sure.

Edited by MeanMag

It's going to be tough for these freshmen (outside of Tony) to step right in at the college level and assert themselves, but it will come, I'm sure.

My guess is, if the reports are true about Jordon Williams, he will play quite a bit this season. Jones called him one of the most dynamic players to ever suit up for the Mean Green... you don't keep that kind of talent on the bench.

On another topic, there was much to like about last year's team, but height was not one of them. We have some height again at the guard position like when we had Calvin Williams and Kendrick Davis roaming the floor... Franklin is 6'5, Alzee is 6'4, and Jordan Williams is 6'6. Franklin appears to be a beast (220LB) for a guard.. NBA size... and as we all noted Alzee is beefed up..

Edited by chrisfisher

My guess is, if the reports are true about Jordon Williams, he will play quite a bit this season. Jones called him one of the most dynamic players to ever suit up for the Mean Green... you don't keep that kind of talent on the bench.

On another topic, there was much to like about last year's team, but height was not one of them. We have some height again at the guard position like when we had Calvin Williams and Kendrick Davis roaming the floor... Franklin is 6'5, Alzee is 6'4, and Jordan Williams is 6'6. Franklin appears to be a beast (220LB) for a guard.. NBA size... and as we all noted Alzee is beefed up..