Joint conference call

UNTflyer

The MAC and SBC may have to merge to keep relevance.

If SMU stays we will most likely be shut out of CUSA and its alliance. Unless the MWC has to have the equal amount of teams and has to go to 12, in which case they might add, Utah St and SJSU.

So what was that about SMU not going to BE was better for us?

Edited by Green Otaku

The MAC and SBC may have to merge to keep relevance.

I for one don't have a problem with the MAC if that is our last resort and we're in the SBC. People can say what they want about the MAC but the one thing they have is stability and they have great recruiting areas for football, basketball and all other sports. I just don't think the big whigs leading the SBC are very proactive.

I for one don't have a problem with the MAC if that is our last resort and we're in the SBC. People can say what they want about the MAC but the one thing they have is stability and they have great recruiting areas for football, basketball and all other sports. I just don't think the big whigs leading the SBC are very proactive.

The MAC is already a big conference (13 schools) - and looks like Temple will have to stay in the MAC.

I think our best hope is to somehow squeeze into this MWC-CUSA agreement. If having a balanced number of football schools in this super-merger is important, then we may have a chance.

Of course... there are other factors: Big 12 may not be done expanding.

Let's hope Rawlins is on the horn talking-up UNT.

If SMU stays we will most likely be shut out of CUSA and its alliance. Unless the MWC has to have the equal amount of teams and has to go to 12, in which case they might add, Utah St and SJSU.

So what was that about SMU not going to BE was better for us?

It's not what was better for us, but what was worse for us. Being the only DFW D-1 university not in an AQ conference, or being one of two not in an AQ conference. Plus, there is no garauntee that we would get an invite if they did go.

Pretty much lesser of the two evils sort of thing.

Did Wyoming get hosed in favor of San Jose? Otherwise, I like the idea. Looks like the middle class is the first to create their 16 member Superconference plus 1. I hate being in the underclass. :angry:

Nope, I forgot about Wyoming (many do! ha!)... Anyway, media markets seem to be trumping almost any other criteria so UNT still has some future leverage. Much more than say a La Tech.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2