DBs, current/future - Oklahoma

I checked into OU's corners, Jamell Fleming and Demontre Hurst. Both were three-star rated coming out of high school.

We also signed a couple of three star guys in 2011, Freddie Warner and Kerry Swarn. Plus, we've got a former OU four-star DB in Marcus Trice sitting out this year.

With the experience Warner is getting this year and Trice on deck, I think we should do well next year. I think we should get maybe one JUCO to go opposite Swarn at safety for 2012.

Lairamie Lee and Hilbert Jackson are also seeing good time this year, and should compete well for the starting slots.

I post this because of stuff about many of our DBs being seniors, and the worry about a drop off. I think we have good athletes who can play already on the roster. This is a position I'm not as concerned with.

What we need is depth on the DL and a couple of playmakers at WR. The new OL coach is doing a great job with the kids he has now. If he can do well with this young bunch, I've got no doubt he can work with just about any bunch.

We're 2-4, 1-1 in conference, and I think things are looking up. A win on the road versus a surprising Louisiana would do wonders for us. I still say 4-4 or better in conference is not unrealistic for us this year.

I think many of us would be really pleased with a 5-7 or 6-6 finish considering what we've seen in the past and how inexperienced we were on the lines coming into the season.

Safety play has been horrible this year, we have given up 5 or 6 TD's because of blown coverages. I am excited to get some better athletes back there. I think our current guys are getting better with the new defense, you just hate to see us give up easy TD's. I hope we stay away from JUCO's, we have JUCO's back there now and they aren't doing to well.

Remaining:

@ Louisiana: 5-1 (3-0)

ULM: 1-4 (0-1)

@ Arkansas State: 4-2 (2-0)

BYE WEEK

@ Troy: 2-3 (1-1)

Western Kentucky: 1-4 (1-1)

BYE WEEK

Middle Tennessee: 1-4 (0-2)

All of our remaining home games look to be winnable. The road games do look tough. Winning out at home gets us to 5-7. Stealing one on the road gets us to 6-6.

Got to admit as well that it's strange to see two remaining bye weeks in the schedule so late in the season. I think that helps as young a team as this one. It's also nice to feel like we can win again.

Remaining:

@ Louisiana: 5-1 (3-0)

ULM: 1-4 (0-1)

@ Arkansas State: 4-2 (2-0)

BYE WEEK

@ Troy: 2-3 (1-1)

Western Kentucky: 1-4 (1-1)

BYE WEEK

Middle Tennessee: 1-4 (0-2)

All of our remaining home games look to be winnable. The road games do look tough. Winning out at home gets us to 5-7. Stealing one on the road gets us to 6-6.

Got to admit as well that it's strange to see two remaining bye weeks in the schedule so late in the season. I think that helps as young a team as this one. It's also nice to feel like we can win again.

3 winnable home games. If we could steal one on the road....6 wins and bowl eligible!!