Saturday was a great Tailgate

KingDL1

Even though it looked like it was questionable weather in the morning and even on and off again during the day it was a very nice temperature all day. A bit breezy at times but still really nice.

Thank you for all those that stopped by and visited it was a good turn out by our tents.

Topped off by a great North Texas Home win, I went home a very happy Mean Green Camper.

Well, I would agree with you 100%. Great tailgate...really appreciate you giving me a "shout out" to stop by as I was walking across the area...I was in "tailgate greatness". Great food, great drink and great fans....made my day even better. Many thanks for the hospitality...

In addition, I had some time to share a little tailgate with lots of others as well. I am usually "working" the Denton Chapter of the Alumni Assoc. fund-raiser and have little time to actually walk around and tailgate a bit, but this time I got to say hello to several tailgaters...it was way cool.

Thanks to the Hiatt's who always welcome me in with some great "Q" and other goodies...if you have played in the GMG.com flag football game, you know what i mean by great "Q"...stopped by to chat with tasty and company, UNT90, UNT 90 Grad, GreenDozer, Flyer and MeanGreenMatt...and thanks to the Kokjohns who welcomed me into the "players parent" tailgate for some great food and conversation.

It was, indeed, a great day indeed, topped off by a big win for the Mean Green. It's just too bad that so many people missed out on all the fun....Hope to see a much bigger crowd for homecoming and the Mean Green's next HOME win...the next win comes at LaLa this Saturday!

We finally made it out to Apogee and let the kids get in their first UNT tailgate. They loved it and asked when we could go back.

Hat tip to Travis Scott's tailgate crew for an open invite and the pumpkin donut holes my son (and me, but he seriously destroyed those things) loved! Not sure how to handle not having a red lot pass in the future, but we will cross that bridge (probably the UNT BLVD one) when we come to it.

We finally made it out to Apogee and let the kids get in their first UNT tailgate. They loved it and asked when we could go back.

Hat tip to Travis Scott's tailgate crew for an open invite and the pumpkin donut holes my son (and me, but he seriously destroyed those things) loved! Not sure how to handle not having a red lot pass in the future, but we will cross that bridge (probably the UNT BLVD one) when we come to it.

So glad you and your family stopped by. It was nice to meet you guys. The bacon wrapped dove was heaven!

• Upvote 1