WKU/MTSU

cl_1_2008

We have players who line up at receiver, then run around the field the way receivers do. But, receivers go the additional step and catch the ball. That's the difference in what we have and what, maybe, other schools have.

Again...hate to say it again...but the irony of having the "Spread Guru" Dodge here for four years and to have a roster so depleted and thin at QB and WR is stunning.

Or,is it? :ph34r:

Apparently you haven't seen D.T. or Osborne play, and maybe someday McNulty. We had some good passes and catches against TU and the week before against IU. The O-Line just have to give the QB some protection, but even w/o much protection all 3 QBs have shown they can scramble. O/S of IU the biggest problem we've had all year is tackling on defense and showing some exotics on offense rather than just Dunbar right and Dunbar left. Hamilton and Byrd can help carry the load if given the chance and I love Dunbar and Hamilton in the "Wild Eagle" --it gives so many more options.

Apparently you haven't seen D.T. or Osborne play, and maybe someday McNulty. We had some good passes and catches against TU and the week before against IU. The O-Line just have to give the QB some protection, but even w/o much protection all 3 QBs have shown they can scramble. O/S of IU the biggest problem we've had all year is tackling on defense and showing some exotics on offense rather than just Dunbar right and Dunbar left. Hamilton and Byrd can help carry the load if given the chance and I love Dunbar and Hamilton in the "Wild Eagle" --it gives so many more options.

I've seen them all. McNulty and Osborn, though, aren't Dodge recruits. My point was, we should have, after four years, had a pipeline of QBs and WRs, we don't.

At QB, we were left so thin that we've got two brand spanking new recruits at #2 and #3. And, at receiver, we've got guys who drop the ball.

Anyway, we beat Indiana. WKU and MTSU both look winnable. To me, they all look winnable. Heck, FIU without T.Y. Hilton was beatable, as Louisiana proved.

We can win this thing if we keep consistent. But, look...those guy we have on the roster with WR and TE by their names are going to have to go after footballs the way Bynes did in the end zone versus Indiana. We can't have that play every now and then, then have the major bounce off hands, alligator arm, etc.

Because we're talking about Rainey/Dunbar, the receiver have got to step up to open the running game more. I don't care how much body weight he put on during the off-season. We're not in the off-season, and his weight, like everyone's during the season will drop, and he's taking a pounding.

The WRs and TEs need to man up and get this thing going to New Orleans.

Nice crowd for MTSU with 23k+. The game had to be a punch in the gut for them though. I don't know why, but I found myself rooting for WKU.

Every game from here on out is winnable guys. We could honestly finish this season anywhere from probably 3-9 to 8-4. The good news that we are due for some breaks. It all starts with sending FAU back to Boca Raton to open their stadium with an 0-5 record.

They would have to have a 50k stadium for there to have been 23,000 there. An example of why announced attendance numbers mean next to nothing.

Two observations from the game: One--while Dunbar is a stallion, Rainey strikes me as a worm on steroids the way he wiggles through defenses. Two--since when do both teams wear home uniforms in the same game?

The rules say nothing about home vs road jerseys, and don't even mention white jerseys at all. They state they the teams must wear jerseys of a contrasting color, and that all players on a team must have the same color.

I disagree, pass protection has been excellent. We're in top three of sun belt for least sacks allowed. I'm trying to be patient with the starting of Mcnulty, but h doesn't seem ready and on top of that, he looks like Riley Dodge out there, only a matter of time before his 170 pound body frame gets injured. This team is obviously most comfortable out of the shotgun. They've been running it for 5 years now and it shows. Dunbar is not the type of back who can line up in the I formation and run off guard or off tackle 25 times a game, he fits perfectly in our current scheme, but I think next year you'll see this team under center a lot more with Byrd running the ball. I'm not basing this strictly on Dunbar's size, because Byrd is not that bigger, but the running styles are different. This team is about half seniors, half FR/SO. We are going to be very young next year. The o-line will likely have one junior starting(A. Johnson) and the rest will be SO/FR. Next season could be even more painful than this one. However, 2013 might be a pretty special year.

I disagree, pass protection has been excellent. We're in top three of sun belt for least sacks allowed. I'm trying to be patient with the starting of Mcnulty, but h doesn't seem ready and on top of that, he looks like Riley Dodge out there, only a matter of time before his 170 pound body frame gets injured. This team is obviously most comfortable out of the shotgun. They've been running it for 5 years now and it shows. Dunbar is not the type of back who can line up in the I formation and run off guard or off tackle 25 times a game, he fits perfectly in our current scheme, but I think next year you'll see this team under center a lot more with Byrd running the ball. I'm not basing this strictly on Dunbar's size, because Byrd is not that bigger, but the running styles are different. This team is about half seniors, half FR/SO. We are going to be very young next year. The o-line will likely have one junior starting(A. Johnson) and the rest will be SO/FR. Next season could be even more painful than this one. However, 2013 might be a pretty special year.

At least 9 wins in 2013. Watch it!