WKU/MTSU

cl_1_2008

Not sure if anyone is watching this game on ESPNU, but these teams are pitiful. If we win 3 of our next 5, we will play in a bowl game. Since I am very confident that we win this week, it really should come down to winning 2 of 4 out of Lafayette, Monroe, Troy, and Arkansas State. Granted, this won't be easy, but I'm still very comfortable with our chances. First thing is first though. Beat the hell out of FAU.

UNT - 37

FAU - 17

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

At times we have shown signs of being pitiful as well though. However, I do see us having the potential to win 4 more games after winning this weekend. I see us beating FAU, ULM, ASU, MTSU, and WKU. Hopefully we can beat ULL as well, but don't see us beating Troy this year on the road.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WKU reminds me of UNT- one offensive threat that they can depend on, Bobby Rainey. Seems like a one-man show, comparable to Dunbar.

Glad to see I am not the only one that sees that comparison. If Lance has to take 40 carries a game we won't win 2 more games this year based off of how predictable we would be. We have recievers...and should use them.

Glad to see I am not the only one that sees that comparison. If Lance has to take 40 carries a game we won't win 2 more games this year based off of how predictable we would be. We have recievers...and should use them.

Yeah, I don't see how hard it is to throw a screen, dump pass, or a hot route when the opponent lines up 8 in the box.

• Upvote 1

Nice crowd for MTSU with 23k+. The game had to be a punch in the gut for them though. I don't know why, but I found myself rooting for WKU.

Every game from here on out is winnable guys. We could honestly finish this season anywhere from probably 3-9 to 8-4. The good news that we are due for some breaks. It all starts with sending FAU back to Boca Raton to open their stadium with an 0-5 record.

Two observations from the game: One--while Dunbar is a stallion, Rainey strikes me as a worm on steroids the way he wiggles through defenses. Two--since when do both teams wear home uniforms in the same game?

Two observations from the game: One--while Dunbar is a stallion, Rainey strikes me as a worm on steroids the way he wiggles through defenses. Two--since when do both teams wear home uniforms in the same game?

Some rivalry games do. UCLA and USC for example used to, didn't for about 15 years, then brought the tradition back.

ownded.jpg

Hey, guys...

...The Belt is The Belt. If we go on a tear - if any Belt school goes on a tear - we can win it. The hole we're in isn't as deep as we think. Or, as deep as Dickey and Dodge thought.

What I'm saying is - every school in the Belt can be as bad as we are from week to week - and that's too our advantage!

And I'll tell you another similar comparison between WKU and UNT.....how about the play of their and out defensive backs? Not exactly sterling.

We have players who line up at receiver, then run around the field the way receivers do. But, receivers go the additional step and catch the ball. That's the difference in what we have and what, maybe, other schools have.

Again...hate to say it again...but the irony of having the "Spread Guru" Dodge here for four years and to have a roster so depleted and thin at QB and WR is stunning.

Or,is it? :ph34r:

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1