Chat during Coach Mac's Radio Show 6:30PM Tonight

Harry

I went. Not as big a crowd as usual and Coach Mac started before the show by telling everyone present how much he appreciated them actually being in attendance and that he will not forget the people who showed up in support of the program at this early and tough stage. Nice of him...I took it to mean everyone who is showing up at the games, the Coach Show, etc., etc.

He talked about the McNulty decision and why Osborn looked better late in the game than McNulty during the rest of the game...one was playing against Tulsa's regulars...the other against reserves. That was pretty much the reason given. Also said the decision to start McNulty was a decision the result of the entire work from fall camp to the present. He felt McNulty was the better option. I don't recall much about why he stayed with McNulty so long.

Talked about FAU...good team, great coach, etc., etc. But, he expects UNT to have Thompson at QB Saturday and he expects UNT to be more than ready to play. Said Zach Olen should be fine for Saturday.

Also...a good bit of Mac's standard Coach speak about his other stops in Coaching, the winning programs from the past, etc., etc. mentioned he will have his first "kid who turned down Iowa to play at Iowa State" on the sidelines with him Saturday for good luck. He said this is like it is at UNT right now...we have to convince kids to turn down other programs and come to UNT...which he will.

I did enjoy being in attendance...RV was also in attendance. BTW...I believe today is RV's birthday!