Would it kill Jub and Hank to ask about the DT rotation?

Again, no Micah Thompson last week. Are we really going to just rotate three guys all year? If so, they will be worn to hell by the end of the season. No matter what Thompson does, at minimum he'd give the "experienced" guys a breather here and there.

I hate to question McCarney because DL is supposed to be his strength as a coach. But, I questioned the hell out of Dodge for his use and strategy at QB, which was supposed to be his strength. Do these guys sometimes out-think themselves to the degree that they don't see the big picture?

As much as the DTs have been a non-factor for most of the five games, I don't see how Thompson could be any less of a factor. I say put him out there for the sake of the health of the others from time to time.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Again, no Micah Thompson last week. Are we really going to just rotate three guys all year? If so, they will be worn to hell by the end of the season. No matter what Thompson does, at minimum he'd give the "experienced" guys a breather here and there.

I hate to question McCarney because DL is supposed to be his strength as a coach. But, I questioned the hell out of Dodge for his use and strategy at QB, which was supposed to be his strength. Do these guys sometimes out-think themselves to the degree that they don't see the big picture?

As much as the DTs have been a non-factor for most of the five games, I don't see how Thompson could be any less of a factor. I say put him out there for the sake of the health of the others from time to time.

They are playing Cantly, Boutwell, White, Abbe and I think Lincoln at DT, not sure why you would burn a redshirt for a few minutes a game.

• Upvote 1

I know now we rotate at least 4 guys at DT, do you need more than that? I don't know, but I wouldn't be quick to burn a redshit on a guy that is your #5 DT, unless he can really make an impact, and if he could you would think he would be out there.

So that at the end of the season we aren't being railroaded by Belt teams because our thin DT rotation is beat to hell.

If rotation of 5 guys at 2 positions scare you. I guess you are horrified at about every other position because that is a big rotation. Atkinson and Jackson got about ever snap last year, and they seemed to hold up well. McCarney is using a lot of players compared to Dodge and Dickey, so I am not sure why you are so concerned. I think the staff is using about everyone that is close to ready to play, other than a few freshmen that they hope to redshirt rather than get insignificant minutes.

Edited by GrandGreen