GET MCNULTY OUT OF THERE!

UNTLifer

We thought we had this favoritism thing behind us....when Dodge left. (the possible favoritism of Riley over others). Well, now we've got this. I agree with you. I thought for sure Osborne would start the second half.

BTW....good seats available for next week's game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Until I hear differently, this is nothing but favoritism on McCarney's part based on his relationship with McNulty's father. He's killing us.

It's his first start. You can't expect him to come out and be flawless. He is going to have to take his licks and make mistakes if he is going to learn and be the future QB or we have to see that he isn't the future. He has shown good and bad tonight.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

We thought we had this favoritism thing behind us....when Dodge left. (the possible favoritism of Riley over others). Well, now we've got this. I agree with you. I thought for sure Osborne would start the second half.

BTW....good seats available for next week's game.

Yep...about 15,000 of them.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

He shouldn't be starting. He's shown nothing in any games this year, and after watching Osborn drive the team to the goal line against Alabama only to be pulled by McCarney in favor of McNulty, who failed to get us a score, I can only call it like I see it. Vito won't dig around for an answer, it isn't addressed on the Coach's Show and nobody gets any news from our practices. If McNulty is better than Osborn, the the "experts" at Rivals should be fired, as should our talent evaluaters. I wish someone, anyone would prove me wrong.

ColonyEagle, prove it.

• Upvote 6

By keeping McNulty in I read two things:

1) Thompson may be out for more than just this game.

2) Coaches feel McNulty has more potential than Osborn and they want to get him experience.

You've heard Mac talk. He doesn't sugar coat or play favorites. I doubt this has anything to do with McNultys dad.

And no, I'm not related to McNulty in any way.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

Osborn in on 2 straight drives and TD scores, no FG attempts. Based on what I saw of Osborn he's way ahead of McNulty (sp). Maybe coach Mac. likes losing so he can brow beat our players to be more disciplined.

This coaching move is perplexing, but so was pulling Osborn at Alabama. I wonder if anyone has the courage to ask coach Mac. a question about this. I sure would like to hear an honest answer.

If Osborn was in the dog house I hope 2 TD drives will get him out!!!!!

Based on Osborn's play tonight he looks like he's miles ahead of McNulty (sp). Osborn 2 TD drives in a row. Maybe Coach Mac. doesn't want to go to a bowl game. Osborn looked that much better than McNulty(sp). I can't figure this one out. Does coach Mac. want to lose so he can get the FB time to work harder in practice.

Maybe someone will have the courage to ask coach Mac. about Osborn and this situation. If questioned asked I hope coach Mac. gives an honest answer. \

Why have Osborn drive the length of field then pull Osborn. Maybe coach Mac. is trying to avoid a quarter back controversy between DT and Osborn.

I don't know why Osborn didn't get the start. Maybe McNulty did better in practice. I do know McNulty didn't have it on the field tonight, and I could see that by half way through the 2nd quarter. At that point the game was not out of reach.

When this team is playing FAU in front of a half empty Apogee Stadium next Saturday, the coaches will only have themselves to blame. After laying this egg tonight, the casual fans who came out to see the new stadium are not going to be there next week. I'm not saying we would have won tonight, but we probably would not have been embarrassed had Osborn got into the game before halftime. McNulty might be a good QB for us at some point, but he is not a ready right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

It's his first start. You can't expect him to come out and be flawless. He is going to have to take his licks and make mistakes if he is going to learn and be the future QB or we have to see that he isn't the future. He has shown good and bad tonight.

Problem is, he shouldn't be starting and if the coaches can't see that then they are in the wrong profession. I can see it and they've got many more years of experience at this than I do. He should be sitting and learning this year, instead, they've wasted a year of eligibility and the chance to win or be competitive in a game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Problem is, he shouldn't be starting and if the coaches can't see that then they are in the wrong profession. I can see it and they've got many more years of experience at this than I do. He should be sitting and learning this year, instead, they've wasted a year of eligibility and the chance to win or be competitive in a game.

Are you honestly saying you think coach Mac and Co. are in the wrong profession despite all of their skins on the wall and success at major programs?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm saying that McNulty has shown nothing in a game, while Osborn has produced against FIU, against Alabama (although he was pulled for McNulty after driving us to the goal line. BTW, McNulty produced 0 points on that drive, and then he produced last night. Osborn should have started.

Look, I want McNulty to develop in to a Heisman candidate and have nothing against him, but he should not be starting or playing ahead of Osborn.