Hoosier Goo On Mean Green's Shoe--and other Big Hits

Harry

Physical. Love to see it. I think the team is on the right track, and from the standpoint of desire, the MG had it in spades last Saturday. That performance was a good indicator of the standard that the new coaching staff has set for this program, in my opinion.

I love the image that this team is being created with. Physical. Intimidating. Punishing. It’ll win a lot of ball games, and it’s exactly the way UNT has been successful in the past. And, it's Football 101, frankly.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

How does Tulsa size up in the trenches compared to IU and other teams we've faced?

I've only seen one game of film on them, and their o line looks pretty sound. This will be a very good matchup to watch, if we get dominated, we'll know where we stand, if AK, Boutwell, Mccoy and co. can get a rush early, we could take this game in to the 4th quarter.

Still expecting Tulsa to win by 13 or so this week though.

Tulsa's most impressive position groups from a physical standpoint are WR and DE. They are big and fast at both spots. I'm thinking we are recruiting and transitioning to see more kids at these spots who look like Tulsa's.

Sidenote but, us and Tulsa may have the smallest group of LB's combined in the FBS.

It will be interesting to see UNT's DE's against Tulsa's offensive tackles. Against Indiana, the UNT speed was evident, as they are better athletes than the Hoosier big guys.

I think Tulsa's OL footwork is better and they are quicker. Should be a battle. If we see the UNT DE's consistently turned upfield and unable to get around/by the tackles, it may be a long day.