Blankenship: The Time to Win is Now

Harry

Blankenship said he wished UNT wasn’t as good as it showed in Saturday’s 24-21 win over Indiana of the Big Ten.

The Mean Green built a 24-0 lead in the third quarter before Indiana made it close by scoring 21 fourth-quarter points, aided by a 31-yard interception for a score.

“Really kind of almost flukishly, Indiana got back into it late, but there’s no question as you watch the film that North Texas completely dominated that game from start to finish,” Blankenship said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20110926_231_0_Withit180834

When was the last time you read the word's..."UNT totally dominated the game from the start to the finish"? Good things are definitely happening with UNT football. The Tulsa game should prove to be a good contest, and right now I believe the Mean green have a good shot at victory #2. Tulsa will be a good test for the Mean Green, but the Mean Green is beginning to believe again.

Tulsa will definitely have its hand full this Saturday. Victory #2 is definitely a possibility, and the team should be ready. Will Tulsa be? I doubt Tulsa will take the Mean green as seriously as they should, but they should ask Houston, Alabama and Indiana about that! The Mean green will be ready for the Hurricane.

It is hard to tell where either program is right now. They have the hardest schedule in the country so far, and ours has been pretty stout too. They are getting some guys back...but have been hit hard with some injuries(I think we remember what that is like).

It will be an excellent test. We shall see.

Against Indiana, both of our lines played pretty well, (dunbar, outlaw, and bynes) made some plays, and I really liked how our linebackers played...

Can't wait to see...

When was the last time you read the word's..."UNT totally dominated the game from the start to the finish"? Good things are definitely happening with UNT football. The Tulsa game should prove to be a good contest, and right now I believe the Mean green have a good shot at victory #2. Tulsa will be a good test for the Mean Green, but the Mean Green is beginning to believe again.

Tulsa will definitely have its hand full this Saturday. Victory #2 is definitely a possibility, and the team should be ready. Will Tulsa be? I doubt Tulsa will take the Mean green as seriously as they should, but they should ask Houston, Alabama and Indiana about that! The Mean green will be ready for the Hurricane.

The indiana game was interesting....MG was aggressive on def...looked good, played too loose in def backfield with third and short....3rd qtr MG looked really good against Indiana, but...now here it is...they looked like clowns in the 4th qtr...things that we would see in a TD team...lack of focus and "clown" stuff galore....kinda of like in the first qtr.

Overall I thought DT looked good...made good decision, x one, that was the catalyst of the Indiana turnaround in 4th qtr. He missed some passes that a really good qb would have made, but he is doing well considering his playing time...I think he will only get better with time and in another year or two...he is going to be great....I predict.

If UNT plays like like they did in the 4th...big loss...if UNT doesn't turn the ball over and off line protects DT like they have all season (can't say enough good things about this off line and their youth) and we get the performance form the likes of AK47, etc (and I hope a pass rush)...we could win this game....just stop the clown play and play 4 qtrs...focus and intensity...thats all.

• Upvote 1

Well, I think we can all be happy that at least it doesn't look like another blow out. We have enough positives, and TU has enough negatives, that we can steal this one. I've believed that since the spring.

To me, the main factors were going to be containing Damaris Johnson and G.J. Kinne. TU misfortune with those two has kind of played into our hands.

But, as others have said, we know what it's like to be in that position. Last year, by game five, we were down to our third string QB and center. That game five was the 28-27 loss where Lousiana blocked our PAT at the end of the game.

We were so close in many games. Game six was Chase Baine going at QB, and we lost 24-19.

Injuries wreck a team without depth. But, our situation last year was ridiculous. Not many teams get down to QB #4 and center #3.

• Upvote 1