Frog board thread - UNT/Indiana game

MeanGreen61

I was once in your shoes.

Then, a 2002 27-0 loss to the Longhorns made me realize I loved the Mean Green more than my childhood favorite team.

Your moment will come...

Never been a fan of UT personally, but I can appreciate where you're coming from.

NT has been a school I've supported by going to games since I was old enough to drive and I have always been faithful to them as a student, even in driving out for the 2008 KState game and the 2009 loss to 'Bama. And as I've illustrated before, can't really count me as a TCU-bandwagoner; I've got the ticket stubs to prove that.

One thing that's drawn me to TCU is the environment that I grew up with out there. A similar environment that drew me to UNT.

Oh, btw- UNT90, I'm glad you're an avid NT fan, but TCU provided me some in "the education department" in the sense that I took some classes there my first summer out of college. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was a Notre Dame fan from the age of 5 ever since I saw them on TV play against Colorado in 1985 or 86. I had Notre Dame everything, even painted my room gold, had a ND watch, ND pencils, room was devoted to ND, wore a ND shirt 3 days a week. My friend this year offered to take me, all expenses paid, to the Notre Dame - Michigan game on September 10th as a wedding gift. I told him I couldn't go because UNT had a home game that day, not only a home game the first at the new stadium. He is still not happy with me, but I would not have missed that or any other UNT game for another team, ever. ND may have been my first love, and I still love them, but UNT is my school and the school I support and will watch over any other team.

• Upvote 2

I was a Notre Dame fan from the age of 5 ever since I saw them on TV play against Colorado in 1985 or 86. I had Notre Dame everything, even painted my room gold, had a ND watch, ND pencils, room was devoted to ND, wore a ND shirt 3 days a week. My friend this year offered to take me, all expenses paid, to the Notre Dame - Michigan game on September 10th as a wedding gift. I told him I couldn't go because UNT had a home game that day, not only a home game the first at the new stadium. He is still not happy with me, but I would not have missed that or any other UNT game for another team, ever. ND may have been my first love, and I still love them, but UNT is my school and the school I support and will watch over any other team.

Some people get it, some people root for who wins. Glad to see you are in the first group.

I was dating a girl in 2007 who was an Oregon grad. She invited me to go to the Big House to watch Oregon play Michigan, all expenses paid. It was the same weekend as UNT-SMU. I was at Ford stadium. The relationship ended soon after.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1