Frog board thread - UNT/Indiana game

MeanGreen61

Frogs are nothing like smut folks. Giving UNT a few props.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=142719

good to see their fanbase being somewhat supportive... even though they are so far ahead of us it isn't even funny.

Compare that with smoo fans...they have 2 years of some success, and well, they act the way they act.

I have enjoyed the tcu rise. I really enjoyed watching that rose bowl last year.

I will personally be in Tulsa hoping for a winning streak, but I will atleast have an eighth of an eye on wishing for frog poo being flung all over the pink polos this weekend.

Edited by SHOSS

PhormerPhrog wrote:

"I left midway through the 3rd. UNT was having their way with IU on both sides of the ball. UNT's receivers are some playmakers. Their DL kept IU's blarterback running all over the place. Their kick coverage was great as well. IU really sucks but they should have been able to win this. Great win (unless they choke) for the Mean Green."

PhormerPhrog wrote:

"I left midway through the 3rd. UNT was having their way with IU on both sides of the ball. UNT's receivers are some playmakers. Their DL kept IU's blarterback running all over the place. Their kick coverage was great as well. IU really sucks but they should have been able to win this. Great win (unless they choke) for the Mean Green."

Aha! So this is the guy who jinxed us to a near loss!

A message to PhormerPhrog: NEVER RETURN TO APOGEE UNLESS YOU INTEND ON STAYING THE ENTIRE GAME! :ass:

Biggest thing I got from that thread:

A UNT student went to the TCU-Portland State game instead of watching the Mean Green take down a Big 10 team. Sad sad sad...

Hey, I'm tcufrog115 on that board. I am a UNT student who hasn't missed but a few UNT home games the past few years, but I have been a lifetime TCU fan, even during the crappy 90s-era. My grandparents both went to TCU and my parents met on that campus and married at Forest Park nearby. So I can honestly say that I owe a lot to TCU and enjoy seeing the few friends I have on the field there.

As far as not going to the UNT game, that's my bad. But I try my best to make both the TCU and UNT home games and couldn't really pull it off this weekend. Regardless though, TCU's fans have given praise to the Mean Green in the past. In my case though, I'm looking forward to a great season in conference play. I think UNT will pull it out and make a run at 6-6 for sure.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Hey, I'm tcufrog115 on that board. I am a UNT student who hasn't missed but a few UNT home games the past few years, but I have been a lifetime TCU fan, even during the crappy 90s-era. My grandparents both went to TCU and my parents met on that campus and married at Forest Park nearby. So I can honestly say that I owe a lot to TCU and enjoy seeing the few friends I have on the field there.

As far as not going to the UNT game, that's my bad. But I try my best to make both the TCU and UNT home games and couldn't really pull it off this weekend. Regardless though, TCU's fans have given praise to the Mean Green in the past. In my case though, I'm looking forward to a great season in conference play. I think UNT will pull it out and make a run at 6-6 for sure.

While you definitely have a sports claim to TCU, I think the rules of college football fandom clearly state in section 8, paragraph 3 that if your Alma Mater

and your favorite childhood team play at home on the same day, and you have to choose one or the other, you choose your Alma Mater. Especially when your childhood team is playing a FCS team.

Family exception clearly outlined in Section 9, paragraph 6 says that you may attend the TCU game if: "an immediate family member is receiving an honor from said university or immediate family member is the starting QB for said university (any other position this exception is voided)."

If you didn't have the family exception, you should have been at the UNT game. The Officail Rules of College Football Fandom says so.

• Upvote 7

haha, alright. fair enough there.

Don't even listen to them. One of my best friends who is a UNT student and die hard has been to over 25 games with me since 2004 but is, by tradition and probably at heart, more of a TCU fan, because he's been to 2 or 3 TCU games a year since he was very little because his grandparents have been season ticket holders forever. I remember going to a game with him when I was like 8 in 1998 or so. The guy loves both schools, so I understand that rift between the two, as long as you're not northtexasmustang and pledge allegiance to both UNT/SMU, I have no problem with you. :goodjob:

Don't even listen to them. One of my best friends who is a UNT student and die hard has been to over 25 games with me since 2004 but is, by tradition and probably at heart, more of a TCU fan, because he's been to 2 or 3 TCU games a year since he was very little because his grandparents have been season ticket holders forever. I remember going to a game with him when I was like 8 in 1998 or so. The guy loves both schools, so I understand that rift between the two, as long as you're not northtexasmustang and pledge allegiance to both UNT/SMU, I have no problem with you. :goodjob:

So, you would be OK with him rooting for TCU when they played his Alma Mater, UNT?

Surely you are familiar with the Official College Fandom rulebook D-Bag clause?? Do I even need to cite the Passage!!!

I just don't understand how you picked the TCU game over UNT this week. Clearly, the UNT game was more attractive

Indiana's been to Texas five times. When is the next time he'll get a chance to see the Portland State Vikings?

True, but my dad's birthday was today, so the TCU game meant spending some time with him.

And the TCU game was scary for a bit, 3-3 until 1:54 left in the second quarter.

• Upvote 2

I guess my main question to you is if or when TCU plays UNT who do you automatically root for?

I guess my main question to you is if or when TCU plays UNT who do you automatically root for?

That's a tough one, but I couldn't say right now. Last time they played was in 2002 and TCU won a close game 16-10. I think that my long standing would make me mostly root for TCU, but I'd like to see a close game either way. Wouldn't be upset though if UNT won the match up.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 13

That's a tough one, but I couldn't say right now. Last time they played was in 2002 and TCU won a close game 16-10. I think that my long standing would make me mostly root for TCU, but I'd like to see a close game either way. Wouldn't be upset though if UNT won the match up.

I was once in your shoes.

Then, a 2002 27-0 loss to the Longhorns made me realize I loved the Mean Green more than my childhood favorite team.

Your moment will come...

• Upvote 1

Sad commentary on the state of Alumni participation at UNT.

Just do me a favor. If your gonna root for TCU, go all out. Wear your TCU shirt and TCU cap. If your gonna D it up, go for the gusto.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

NT was my childhood team, so I admittedly do not know what being in a situation like yours is like, but the way I look at it is that you should root for where you come from, which is NT. That doesn't mean you should root against TCU all the time, but if the two teams are playing each other, your allegiance should revert to the degree (or future degree) on your wall.

• Upvote 1

Sad commentary on the state of Alumni participation at UNT.

Just do me a favor. If your gonna root for TCU, go all out. Wear your TCU shirt and TCU cap. If your gonna D it up, go for the gusto.

OK, give the guy a break. I grew up in Austin and even have degrees from there in addition to my degree from North Texas, but Mean Green is always first for me....even when they play the Horns. But...I have even known UT Austin alums and students who root more for other teams and I currently know a Baylor alum who is a big Longhorn backer...so we are not alone in this. Every school has some alums and students like that, but I doubt that they would admit it on their alumni/fan sports forum.

• Upvote 2

OK, give the guy a break. I grew up in Austin and even have degrees from there in addition to my degree from North Texas, but Mean Green is always first for me....even when they play the Horns. But...I have even known UT Austin alums and students who root more for other teams and I currently know a Baylor alum who is a big Longhorn backer...so we are not alone in this. Every school has some alums and students like that, but I doubt that they would admit it on their alumni/fan sports forum.

Like your mamma used to tell you "if NorthTexasFrog jumped off a cliff, would you jump off a cliff?"

Just because others do it doesn't make it right. I hope NTF regains some sanity in his college football rooting world, but until he does, he deserves to be made fun of mercilessly here and on the TCU board for the admission that he would be willing to root against his Alma Mater and for a university that has provided him zero in the education department.

Somehow, I feel that if TCU and UNT's football fortunes were reversed right now, NTF would not only have a different answer for who he would root for, but he would have been at the UNT game Saturday.

• Upvote 1