Obeservations from Watching on TV

FireFightnJoey

I was unforunate to not be able to make the game and was stuck down here in Houston. So, I hooked up the computer to the TV and watched while streaming on ESPN 3. Worked out great.

This game on TV was night and day better than from Fouts. It felt big time.

Crowd noise was loud. It sounded like a college game. I remember hearing individual voices at Fouts and barely any crowd. But the crowd was loud and you could tell it was an issue for their team. This was with a 2/3 stadium capacity. The band sounded great! I could clearly hear our fight song and the words as the crowd sang them. It was awesome.

Sight lines were great. When panning to the sidelines, you could see the crowd. You could tell the cameras were closer to the field as you felt more on top of the action from an angle standpoint, almost like they were looking down.

RV was a class act and so were the announcers when they interviewed him. Listening to RV list out the accomplishments and milestones over the last 10 years and see where we are today, really rang home how far we've come. As far as the arms race goes, we're in great position for the future. I haven't always had faith that him and his staff would deliver, but they did and he deserves mucho kudos. It is hard for me to believe that we're not on conference radars in all this shuffle, because the commitment is there. We just need our coaches and teams to bring the wins.

Watching the game while on a rollercoaster high of 24-0 at that point, I couldn't have been more proud of the Mean Green. Not just the team and their effort, but the overall shape of the program and AD. In 2001 and through 2004, just never felt that we were actually turning the corner. But, I am drinking the coolaid now.

Now, if the team can get these silly penalties and turnovers under control, that game would have been a blowout. That pick 6 was a real game changer. If they can put all 4 quarters together then we'll be a formidable opponent the rest of the season. First we asked to put a good 1st half together after FIU. Then we asked them to put together a second half after UH. Last night they put together 3 pretty good quarters. If you follow that logic, next week we'll be rolling all 4!! lol

• Upvote 3

He said that during the last game as well. Him getting facts wrong doesn't bother me as much as him being the worst color commentator I've ever heard.

Yes indeed. They both sounded weak, but what can you expect from the Ocho?

Scans of the crowd exposed the large gaps of empty spaces. One character in particular caught my eye. He was dressed in Texas Ranger gear and texting at a key moment in the game. I would have liked to wung his neck.

I remember hearing them saying something about the Seahawks stadium, but I had two toddlers going nuts and missed that part. How hard is it to get that right. Makes me think HKS may have something to say and you would think they would want to put a stop to that.

Also, RV said that they are expecting Platinum LEED certification and if so it would make it the only stadium with that certification in the world. If so, that is pretty cool.

I think I saw Medpilot when they scanned the crowd. Was that you Med?

I remember hearing them saying something about the Seahawks stadium, but I had two toddlers going nuts and missed that part. How hard is it to get that right. Makes me think HKS may have something to say and you would think they would want to put a stop to that.

Also, RV said that they are expecting Platinum LEED certification and if so it would make it the only stadium with that certification in the world. If so, that is pretty cool.

I think I saw Medpilot when they scanned the crowd. Was that you Med?

Why does anyone care if we have a Platinum LEED certification? It just means a lot of money was spent on the certification process. Most construction these days is built under the same guidelines but not going through the expense, in this cause could be millions of dollars extra.

I just don't see the benefit of the certification.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Why does anyone care if we have a Platinum LEED certification? It just means a lot of money was spent on the certification process. Most construction these days is built under the same guidelines but not going through the expense, in this cause could be millions of dollars extra.

it keeps the granola happy...

Anytime we can throw out a positive aspect of the stadjium that no other stadjium in the country can say then it's a benefit to us. It makes The App stand out from all other stadjiums in a positive way.

• Upvote 1

Why does anyone care if we have a Platinum LEED certification?

Because it's a way for UNT to play a leadership role in sustainable energy, which can pay dividends in attracting students and research in that area. We'll have the first stadium in the world with that distinction.

• Upvote 1

I heard it and thought it was kinda cool. So the average fan probably thinks the same. I didn't realize it cost money to get certified less alone millions.

Because it's a way for UNT to play a leadership role in sustainable energy, which can pay dividends in attracting students and research in that area. We'll have the first stadium in the world with that distinction.

I am not sure how Platinum LEED Certification has to much to do with sustainable energy? But I am sure about registration, certification fees and the other extra costs. I doubt the LEED certification will exist in 10 years.

• Upvote 2

LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the leading certification system for sustainable building design.

http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=1988

Yes I understand LEED Certification very well, but still don't understand how building materials, use of second generation space, impact, innovative design and use have much to do with developing or studying sustainable energy.