Special Teams play of Greg Brown

UNT90

Just wanted to acknowledge the great kickoff coverage play of Greg Brown. I watch him blow up 2 blockers before blowing up the return man at the 18 yard line last night. A great find for a much improved special teams coverage unit. He is listed as a wide receiver at 6'1" and 230 lbs.

After watching him run straight through blockers most of the night, I'm wondering if he wouldn't be better suited as a linebacker?

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to acknowledge the great kickoff coverage play of Greg Brown. I watch him blow up 2 blockers before blowing up the return man at the 18 yard line last night. A great find for a much improved special teams coverage unit. He is listed as a wide receiver at 6'1" and 230 lbs.

After watching him run straight through blockers most of the night, I'm wondering if he wouldn't be better suited as a linebacker?

To the best of my knowledge Greg Brown has only played special teams. He's been a good special teams player the last three years but hasn't played TE or WR, his previous listed positions.

Greg will give up his body to take out lead blockers and allow others to make the tackle or sometimes do both.

Since he's a senior and won't be a position player it makes little difference but if he were going to get playing time I agree that linebacker would probably be his best position.