21-point 4th quarter proves too little, too late for IU

Harry

Dunbar shredded the Hoosier defense early and often, putting up more than 100 yards of total offense in the first quarter alone and scoring on an 83-yard catch-and-run early in the second. He finished with 279 yards of total offense against the Indiana defense -- 127 rushing and 152 passing.

"Dunbar is probably one of the better backs we've faced this season," Indiana safety Chris Adkins said. "More than anything, it's on us. Dunbar was good, but it was us. Me, I missed tackles I needed to make. I blame a lot of it on me and not keeping us motivated and not doing the things I needed to do to win this game on defense."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110925/SPORTS0601/109250363/21-point-4th-quarter-proves-too-little-too-late-IU?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports

Eat it Big 10. From the comments:

Has to be IU's worst loss -- and one of the Big Ten's -- in the past 25 years or so. This was much worse than Appalachian State beating Michigan. Just a really, really bad loss. Not much more to say. I figured we'd be in for a long season, but at this point, and with our schedule, I figured we'd be 3-1 ... 1-3? Holy cow. Really pathetic. When you make North Texas look like the Packers, it ain't good.

Eat it Big 10. From the comments:

It's a totally douchebag comment. And no it is not worse Appy St. beating Michigan because Michigan is the winningest college football program ever and play in front of about 108K people every home game. And If I am not mistaken Michigan was one win away from the Rose Bowl the year before when both them and OSU were undefeated and met in the final week. So no IU is a complete joke in football and so do their fanbase in regards to football specifically.

This is the perception of UNT nationwide. It won't change until we beat somebody of consequence.

Guys, I LOVE reading these kind of stuff from people who get their perceptions from news sound bites and random news articles about UNT. There is NO DOUBT in my mind we are going places. And when we bring a force of aggressive wins each season, the comments and attitude will change. The news stories will change. The pendulum always swings both ways. Schools like, LSU, UT, OU etc weren't born with the reputations they have. It's all about the performance. Changing the attitude of the public/fans is not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. UNT admin is finally on board, enrollment is growing, the commuter school reputation is fading (and doesn't really matter anyway mind you) and we have facilities that players/fans want to be around. Not to mention the alums that are increasingly coming back to UNT to get involved. Good times gentlemen. Good times.

JRock