What does the Big 12 do now?

UNT90

This was addressed a little by Hitzges today.

What Big 6 school would go to a back stabbing, leg cutting, only care about myself conference like the Big 12? I know everyone thinks that the Big East will be forced to take non-big 6 schools, but does the Big 12 really have any other option?

Would BYU even think about getting in bed with the slime in this conference? You know, Moron values and all.

It looks like (outside of BYU) the Big 12 will have to go slumming for new conference mates. Or, to reference an early analogy of mine (yes, I just did that), maybe the Big 12 has had about 10 beers and the clock is slowly moving past 1:15.

Hike up that skirt, Houston, UTEP, UNT, and SMU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They stand pat. They're not losing their BCS AQ status, and their television contracts won't be a problem. Any realistic additions with the possible exception of BYU would only dilute the conference. There's an argument for TCU, but the B12 member schools haven't really shown much interest, to say the least.

If I'm TCU, I'm not interested in the Big 9. Just sayin...

The Big East is probably an even more unstable situation. Only 6 other football-playing members, make that 4 if UConn and Rutgers get their anticipated ACC invite. The BE could potentially lose their AQ status, and TCU's old conference could get it.

• Upvote 1

This sounds the most logical:

"There's a teleconference of the Big 12 board today. The Chancellor of MU, as the chairman of the board, is the logical one to hold the PC. Probably will announce the stepping down of Beebe and the interim commissh, Neinas."

OU's may be to formally announce Stoops contract extension, but don't really know.

Edited by LongJim

Looks like the Frogs are at least on the radar for the 10th spot.

If that is the case, and I was running the Big 12, I'd have to at least consider bringing UH with BYU. That leaves you with a very solid mostly-regional conference.

Every argument we make for UNT's potential in DFW can be made for UH in Houston- a market that will now be largely held by the SEC with the rather large contingency of A&M and LSU fans that live and play here.

If I'm TCU, I'm not interested in the Big 9. Just sayin...

I'm guessing you have been reading KillerFrogs. There is some back and forth, but the majority would dump the Big East in a heart beat for the Big whatever. I find the number of folks who comment that they would love conference games close enough to attend amazing.

I'm guessing you have been reading KillerFrogs. There is some back and forth, but the majority would dump the Big East in a heart beat for the Big whatever. I find the number of folks who comment that they would love conference games close enough to attend amazing.

No, but I have talked ot a few TCU boosters, who are convinced UT is trying to kill the Big East by pushing for the inclusion of WVU, Louisville, and Cincy into the Big 12 (can't see OU or the others going for this). I mainly get a sense of dispondence from these supporters, who were jazzed when TCU joined the Big East (rightfully so).

They also feel that Texas wants no part of a TCU-included Big 12 and will work at all coasts to keep TCU out. I think the best move by TCU at this point may be to stay put in the MWC (if that is even a possibility).

And people need to keep in mind that TCU is not yet a big 6 team, so even if TCU wanted to go to the Big 12, they really aren't applicable to the original point.

WVU applied to the SEC and the ACC, not the Big 12. It may make sense (because no one else wants them and their league is falling apart, and for money, of coursey) to WVU to pursue the Big 12. Same circumstances for Louisville and Cincy. It would be a purely desperation move by these schools.