Looks like Missouri may be #14 in the SEC

MeanGreen61

Assuming this happens.....I would like to see UNT, La. Tech and FIU (FIU vs. UCF would be a nice rivalry)/Troy replace those teams leaving c-usa. It would give us more in state opponents which i'm all for (rice, utep),assuming the remaining schools stay. But what happens to the WAC?

New c-usa ?

East

UAB

UCF

FIU

ECU

Marshall

Memphis

West

UNT

RICE

UTEP

Tulane

Tulsa

LA.Tech

Edited by mgfan

Interesting piece from the SA Express News. This was on the front page of the sports sections today.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/big_12/article/Shifting-landscape-of-collegiate-sports-2178962.php

To me, this is the most viable of all the breakup stories---should Texas/OU/OSU/Tech leave for the Pac 16 (which I am still not sold on). If those 4 schools stay and keep the Big 12 together, the Big East is already getting raided by the ACC and that will trigger movement in the east division of CUSA---something that will NOT help us unless that conference decides to shift it's footprint west rather than pick up Troy/FIU/MTSU/WKU to get the 4 spots back that they are rumored to be losing. Granted, we do have Lane Rawlins running the show here. Hopefully he's still got some friends over there.

Someone, anyone, tell me what the attraction of SMU is to the Big XII.

The things SMU has going for them is they have a ton of money, resources and are located in a desirable location in many people's eyes. But I think many forgot that with all of that they actually have a history with many of the Big 12 teams and a pretty decent one. While I don't see the attraction of them especially when your conference is already in shambles, I can see why they would at least be given a look.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1