Tulsa game keeps getting easier

Believe it or not, Tulsa considers itself a basketball school...or, at least it's donating alumni do. And, the Reynolds Center is quite loud during basketball games.

Football is different. The stadium is old, and although nicely renovated, they couldn't get the same kind of money donated for the stadium we could.

The other problem is there are less than 3,000 undergrads at Tulsa. Yes, it is the smallest FBS school - freaking half the size of Abilene Christian and Dallas Baptist. So, passing fee for building a stadium would take 1,364 years to fund completely.

My mom cheered at Skelly when she was in high school at old Tulsa McClain. And, they still, I believe, play the Jenks-Union high school rivalry games there...and, they sell out.

Sad. TU can't ever sell it out, but Jenks-Union...it's mosh pit of nouveau riche families from South (Jenks) and Southeast (Union) Tulsa (like a 21st Century "The Outsiders" but without real poor people in the story...upper middle class fighting upper middle class...oh, and, S.E. Hinton still teaches a little Literature at TU).

So, the thing is, it's not really difficult to overwhelm the TU crowd. My brother and I went up to the Tulsa-Boise State game a couple of years ago, and there was a surprisingly large and rambunctious Boise element in the stands.

Tulsa considers its main rival to be Oklahoma State, and they live for the Tulsa-OSU basketball game. They once had quite a basketball and football rivalry with Arkansas. Although, that died off in the 90s, with only a few meetings since.

Basically, it's crowd who will care if they are doing well, but they're not hard to discourage. They'll already be pretty skeptical with many of the stars out. If we go up there and hit them in mouth early, the fans will likely lay down.

Besides, it'll be less than a month to tip off for the Canes. INTERESTING FACT: Tulsa has only one basketball player from Oklahoma...and, he's a walk-on.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1

I just called the Director of Bands (Tu. 9-20) and asked if the Green Brigade was going to Tulsa. "For the game?" she asked. Anyway, I was sent to someone else.

This lady told me that Tulsa had contacted NT and told them that there would be NO halftime show. There will be, according to this lady in the Music dept. a "Make a Wish Foundation" event. Not even the Tulsa band is performing. She said the GB had planned to perform and that busses ordered had to be cancelled.

Now, when is the last time you went to a football game and there was NO halftime show. Aside from your kid's middle school game.

So go to the Tulsa game and Make a Wish. My wish is a Mean Green win.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

Damn , I can't believe Kinne played tonight. Probably shouldn't of with his 4 picks

I stand by what I say. Tulsa is desperate if they are running out a QB with a partially torn MCL.

By the way, Kinne on ran once against Boise State. His thing is that he's a dual threat guy. Well, on his bad wheel, he threw four picks and Boise was up 34-0 before Tulsa hit the scoreboard with about five minutes left in the third quarter.

If we go up there, and the defense hits like it did tonight, we'll beat Tulsa.