Apogee Stadium vs. Ford Stadium vs. Robertson Stadium

GreenGuy123

I've heard Robertson called plenty of things, often quite bad, but I've never heard of it called an erector set. What is your definition of an "erector set stadium"?

When I think erector set stadiums I think UCF's Bright House Stadium. No concrete anywhere. It is often called the Bounce House because the stands bounce when the students jump up and down. They actually had to do an engineering study to make sure it was sound because there was so much concern about the stadium motion.

UCF_Football_Stadium_2.jpg

UCF_Football_Stadium_4.jpg

UCF_Football_Stadium_1.jpg

Here's Robertson including a photo of the original construction. Plenty of concrete everywhere.

3864258174_8752a5e8ff.jpg

interior.jpg

Houston Dynamo game

5-28-2011dynamovsdallas_gamepics_0017.JPG

Original construction (we've made several upgrades since 1994)

robertsonstadium_2.jpg

Robertson reminds me of Fouts. I'd rather not include it in this argument. Lets see what Houston's new stadium is like.

As for Ford. I think Ford is attractive from the outside. Not a big fan of the interior. It appears small and low inside Ford. I don't think it is a very intimidating place to play.

To me, Apogee appears larger then it is. In the daytime, Apogee's exterior is not as attractive as Ford, but at night when all the lights are on, Apogee shines like a star. Add in "the Hill" and Apogee's exterior improves greatly.

I think it's close, but I give it to Apogee. If we factor attendance into the equation, Apogee is the clear winner. I think we will out draw SMU this season, even if we do have another off year.

1. Apogee- A

2. Ford- B-

Robertson- Incomplete

• Upvote 1