What a Great Day I had yesterday.

KingDL1

I really enjoyed the tailgating experience I had yesterday. I could not seem to shake the feeling I was at an away game. I felt like I was in a well landscaped park, this could not me North Texas. We had a great turnout at our tailgate and the weather was perfect for early September. We were near the Apogee guys and they were the nicest people you could imagine. They bought a brand new Jumbo Smoker, that they let me check out from stem to stern. They cooked over 500 lbs of BBQ Meat to share with anyone who walked up. I have to say what a great group to be part of our Stadium I could not think of nicer group of people.

Then the stadium was wonderful with flushing toilets and everything. My seats were great, the stadium was great, our Mean Green Football team getting the first TD ever in Apogee stadium priceless.

No parking hassels holly cow!

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 2

I really enjoyed the tailgating experience I had yesterday. I could not seem to shake the feeling I was at an away game. I felt like I was in a well landscaped park, this could not me North Texas. We had a great turnout at our talegate and the weather was perfect for early September. We were near the Apogee guys and they were the nicest people you could imagine. They bought a brand new Jumbo Smoker, that they let me check out from stem to stern. The cooked over 500 lbs of BBQ Meat to share with anyone who walked up. I have to say what a great group to be part of our Stadium I could not think of nicer group of people.

Then the stadium was wonderful with flushing toilets and everything. My seats were great, the stadium was great, our Mean Green Football team getting the first TD ever in Apogee stadium priceless.

No parking hassels holly cow!

Tony, I only wish I had found you and your group, as well as Kram1 and his wife, at the tailgater. Got there plenty early with The Tasty Greek and our usual bunch, we all had a great time, and met plenty of new folks. I was thinking It'd be as easy walking around finding people as at the old Fouts, but no. I think I'll be a lot more organized at the next one though, especially since I'll be set up with the red lot parking for the next home game (upgraded my MGC membership once I was there for that). All in all, the tailgating is definitely awesome, and I'm thinking we'll have a better chance at the "w" Sept. 24.

Hats off to those that put all the time into the design of that stadium. That was a great atmosphere there last night and the walk ways from the "golf" course per say up to the stadium on the student side were well designed. The way they created the student groups on the hill, to the student tailgate area to the MGC tailgating was simple fantastic. For the most part Denton as a whole has never really gotten full on board in supporting UNT athletics, but they really are missing out if they don't come over and experience at least one game in the the new stadium. There is simply no comparrison between Fouts and Apogee.

could all the tailgaters on the hill be seen from the highway? curious if people could see the greatness that that area could be...i never made it to the top of the hill.

that smoker was insane...very cool of the apogee folks to do that...and i liked how they didn't advertise who they were with signs and shit, at least that i saw...they were just regular folks hanging out and having a great time!

could all the tailgaters on the hill be seen from the highway? curious if people could see the greatness that that area could be...i never made it to the top of the hill.

that smoker was insane...very cool of the apogee folks to do that...and i liked how they didn't advertise who they were with signs and shit, at least that i saw...they were just regular folks hanging out and having a great time!

Coming up 35W I could see tents and fraternity letters. The visitor side is alot taller than it seems and blocks most of the hill from the 35W highway until Bonnie Brae exit though you can see everyone much better. On 35W you could see tailgating all the way to the south end of the victory dorms parking lot. Great sight to see when I was driving in.

Was I the only one visualizing what our expanded stadium would look like? Here's to hoping!

• Upvote 1

The Hill looked awesome from I35. It had a lot of people but had room to hold a lot more. We should let the Students move their tailgate location there and fill every corner of it.

I was really impressed with how easy it was to get to my parking spot 3 hours before kickoff. I was thinking by how the map looked that it was going to be a disaster. Not at all, and got out of the stadium easily too.

There are so many great places to tailgate it's just unreal. I'm looking forward to a game in which I can get there in time and set up to do some of it. Yesterday we spent our time walking around and taking it all in.

Great experience all the way.

Rick

• Upvote 3

That Apogee jumbo smoker was amazing. We had a great tailgate that I would estimate about 100ish people showed up to. I was running that grill for four hours solid! It was a great time, and we're all for more people coming on by. We're throwing around the idea of camping on Friday night for the Indiana game.

Also, the stadium was amazing. Just stunning.

One complaint? THREE portapotties on the Victory Hall side? THREE? I don't want to go into to much detail, but I had the misfortune of wandering into one of those things this morning. I can attest that THREE portapotties is not anywhere near enough.

That Apogee jumbo smoker was amazing. We had a great tailgate that I would estimate about 100ish people showed up to. I was running that grill for four hours solid! It was a great time, and we're all for more people coming on by. We're throwing around the idea of camping on Friday night for the Indiana game.

Also, the stadium was amazing. Just stunning.

One complaint? THREE portapotties on the Victory Hall side? THREE? I don't want to go into to much detail, but I had the misfortune of wandering into one of those things this morning. I can attest that THREE portapotties is not anywhere near enough.

We were in all the tents due west of the Apogee tailgate, and we watched that line to the porta-potties get really long as the day went on. I think they would have been better off with 10 at that location.