End of the night thoughts

Harry

North Texas ended up right about where most thought it would at the end of its game against Houston.

The Mean Green was looking at the wrong end of a 48-23 score, but there is a lot UNT can take out of this game.

UNT was in the game at halftime before one of the best quarterbacks in the country tossed four straight touchdown passes. Case Keenum is just that good and exposed a UNT defense that gave up 690 yards.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2011/09/end-of-the-night-thoughts-1.html

I had lofty dreams for last night. We actually had a chance until the 3rd. I have a loss hangover from Dodge still. I was so defeated as my wife drove us home. I want UNT to win so bad that I'm crushed when they don't. They only cure is to win. I know it takes time to turn a program around , but I was hoping for a miracle. I was hoping coach Mac had a magic pill he was going to give the team and we were going to turn in to a green and white TCU. Us as fans deserve a winning program. We deserve to be proud of our team. I love RV like everybody else, but if they're hoping for 25000+ in attendance every game just because of the stadium they will be disappointed. We have to put a product on the field. Looking forward to the turn around.

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 1

I thought that was a pretty good summary from Brett. We were in it until half way.

Yes, the O was actually here and there was a lot of the game where the D was doing it's job and not just rolling over and giving up.

Chancellor has indeed been a bright spot and we can hope for more players like him.

Correct that Dunbar is being "sat on" and we need to either find a way round that or find another outstanding player to use in that role.

Don't know about Andrew McNulty, but he could be good if he is able to do what he did last night on a regular basis as it's more (score a TD) than many other MG players have managed over the last few years. I'm tempted to say that all this is such a change from the last few years; good job and keep up the improvement - even if Brett didn't actually wave the flag of hope quite that high.

Remember that considering the opposition, the first few games were always - ALWAYS - going to be losses (sorry to say that, but considering the job Mac has on his plate, and the quality of the opposition involved, it's true). What we are seeing now is an NT football team in the process of rebuilding and even after the last two losses, this is a great improvement and a sign of hope for later in the year or maybe next.

:thumbsu:

Edited by bjrichus

Us as fans deserve a winning program.

The University of North Texas deserves a winning program. We, as fans, sudents, & alumni, are part of the university.

We deserve to be proud of our team.

We should be proud of our team. As long as they're working hard and trying their best we should be proud that they represent our university.

God bless Texas

The University of North Texas deserves a winning program. We, as fans, sudents, & alumni, are part of the university.

We should be proud of our team. As long as they're working hard and trying their best we should be proud that they represent our university.

God bless Texas

I'm proud of them. They had the Houston fans worried up until the Keenum TDs. They were pushing the Cougars around and trading them shot for shot for the first part of the game. Honestly, they proved me wrong. I was worried our guys would do the same thing they did at FIU, and they didn't do that at all. They did a good job last night, and that's a huge improvement from where we saw them last season, and even at FIU.

Houston isn't as good as they think they are. And our guys have a huge upside to them.

If you all remember the year before we first won the Sun Belt the first time we played

good for a half in most games, won a few, and then like a light switch was turned on at

the end of the year we started winning. I still predict 4-5 wins this year, and then watch

out next year.

Scrappyman1

GO MEAN GREEN --------GO NORTH TEXAS