I can't wait to Tailgate

KingDL1

I don't know exactly where yet but I do know when I will be tailgating. I can't wait!

I hope to see everyone!

My menu is my fresh ground pork spicy sausage stuffing balls, home smoked pulled pork, and beer soaked brats fresh off the grill.

My buddy John is working on his menu now I am thinking his homemade New York style pretzels are an all most certainty and more.

Details should follow as we get closer.

What are you folks cooking for the Stadium opener????

Keeping the menu simple for the opener until we learn the logistics of place, getting in and out, setup, et al. Few tricks up our sleeves planned for later in the season. Until then, it's wings and bacon cheese burgers.

Edit: Oh, and this is my last season as a student. In December, you can change my name to averageagedguyalum.

Edited by oldguystudent

Keeping the menu simple for the opener until we learn the logistics of place, getting in and out, setup, et al. Few tricks up our sleeves planned for later in the season. Until then, it's wings and bacon cheese burgers.

Edit: Oh, and this is my last season as a student. In December, you can change my name to averageagedguyalum.

No real ring to it, and us Texans would have trouble with the "d" before the "g". What about something like "mrinbetweengreen"?

Well, if you need a grill... let me know. I didn't know if you were ever going to make it to another game.

Brisket and trimmings, potato salad, kolaches for starters since we can't get those in Florida to save our lives, some steak on a stick, all from the comfy confines of Fouts with the RV. I've got two parking passes in the Victory lot, but I can't shell out $400 for a RV season parking pass when we're only bringing it to one game. So we'll have main post in fouts and some watering holes on the way to the stadium for refreshments. I could be tailgaiting in the middle of somebody's front yard in Denia for all I care, the dream is a reality and only 3 days away. We fly out tomorrow to come back, cannot wait!

Add an onion to your beer, doing the above, and you're cooking the same way we do back home. :cry:

don't forget to saute some of those onions

I'll be rolling with skirt steak - fajita rub, chicken breasts - spicy rub, and metzlers Taco flavored hot links loaded with jalapenos and cheese.

There will be plenty of water in my cooler, i just feel sorry for the new restrooms. I have a good feeling that captain morgan's 90 proof coconut rum and canadian mist will be major players under my canopy along with UNO and cornholing.

don't forget to saute some of those onions

Nope. You brown them all a bit first and then add in the beer. After you're done grilling your brat, you put the onions on top with some sauerkraut and brown mustard.

227839420.gif

Oh, and before I forget. Don't boil brats, just let them simmer for 30 minutes or so before moving them to the grill.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

On a future menu, a market near my house sells Syracuse Sausage by the box. So much better than Johnsonville. The kid and I totally discovered that one on accident, and boy howdy am I glad we did. We've bought the hot Italian, Andouille, and Brats, and they're all so good. The Italian makes an amazing pasta sauce. Expect to see the Andouille in a bacon explosion at some point this year.

Nope. You brown them all a bit first and then add in the beer. After you're done grilling your brat, you put the onions on top with some sauerkraut and brown mustard.

227839420.gif

Oh, and before I forget. Don't boil brats, just let them simmer for 30 minutes or so before moving them to the grill.

Heaven.

JRock